FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last year's walleye...  (Read 2069 times)

gunner1

Last year's walleye...
« on: Feb 27, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Just thought I'd try posting a pic and show off the walleye that my girlfriend's grandfather caught in the scap net last striper season. As you can see, she weighed over seven pounds. I'm not sure if this is a good size for the river or not, but it's the first and only one I've ever held.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Last year's walleye...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2005, 06:46 PM »
That's a nice eye from any water, beauty. Nice white caudal fin tip too! :P

gunner1

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2005, 07:25 PM »
That's a nice eye from any water, beauty. Nice white caudal fin tip too! :P

Yeah, thanks. At first we thought  he had netted a small striper (this was at night) but when I shined the light in the net, I couldn't believe my eyes. I had no idea that the walleyes had progressed this far in the Hudson. I tell you, that river is getting cleaner and cleaner all the time. If it hasn't rained for a while, you can see down at least 6 or 7 feet.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:30 PM »
What point on the river did you get him at?
The river's made a huge comeback.... but it's still got a way to go. :)

gunner1

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:56 PM »

Down near the Germantown Boat launch. I guess I should clarify- when I commented on how far walleyes had progressed, I was referring to the size of the fish. I knew they were in there, but I figured they were in the 1-3 pound range.

Mentiply

• Crow Point, Lake George
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2005, 07:56 PM »

That it has and does. I just hope this dredging project they are about to launch doesn't screw things up again. Any time the government tries to fix something it always makes me nervous.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2005, 06:52 PM »

Down near the Germantown Boat launch. I guess I should clarify- when I commented on how far walleyes had progressed, I was referring to the size of the fish. I knew they were in there, but I figured they were in the 1-3 pound range.
I know the eyes are in there, just curious where ya got him...I bet this dang dredging is going to screw up the shad and striper runs. :'(

gunner1

« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2005, 08:03 PM »

I know the eyes are in there, just curious where ya got him...I bet this dang dredging is going to screw up the shad and striper runs. :'(

Well, fortunately for me, I fish well to the south of the dredging. However, I'm not sure if it will effect anything. The stripers have survived worse as a species- let's just keep our fingers crossed!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.