FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CRAPPIE TIME  (Read 8789 times)

PeterC

Re: CRAPPIE TIME
« Reply #45 on: Apr 22, 2013, 04:08 PM »
Was out on South shore yesterday --no action yet- can not say about other areas. Fontana --you would't want to give a general location would ya?

fontona19

« Reply #46 on: Apr 22, 2013, 09:17 PM »
Was out on South shore yesterday --no action yet- can not say about other areas. Fontana --you would't want to give a general location would ya?

We will just say in NY.  ;)  :laugh:

Its a very small spot, and I am really not at liberty.

combsey going to catchem

« Reply #47 on: Apr 23, 2013, 03:23 PM »
The crappie fishing in Champlain has been doing good they are hanging in the shallows by where they were all ice fishing season

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #48 on: Apr 23, 2013, 03:27 PM »
had a tough time at my local lake sunday.   We fished all around in great conditions.   Hit 7 spots, only caught fish at one spot.   we put the hammer down on them for about 15 mins before they stopped biting...and that was it! ended up with 19 crappies.

kb

« Reply #49 on: Apr 23, 2013, 03:46 PM »
How are you all fishing for them?  Minnows? Trolling? Jigs?  I've only had luck trolling for them.  I haven't gotten out this spring yet, but the itch is definitely there to go.

Life isn't about just surviving a storm, but learning to dance in the rain.

fontona19

« Reply #50 on: Apr 23, 2013, 04:08 PM »
had a tough time at my local lake sunday.   We fished all around in great conditions.   Hit 7 spots, only caught fish at one spot.   we put the hammer down on them for about 15 mins before they stopped biting...and that was it! ended up with 19 crappies.

....and the muddy spot of all things.  :D

greensider

« Reply #51 on: Apr 23, 2013, 05:25 PM »
i fish all most exclusively jigs white maribou 1/8 th ounce i seem to catch my biggest fish on them so thats what i throw

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #52 on: Apr 23, 2013, 06:19 PM »

hit  the  dollar  hole  so  it  cost  ya  5  bucks  ya  get  there  early  you'll  pull  fish
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #53 on: Apr 24, 2013, 08:49 AM »
How are you all fishing for them?  Minnows? Trolling? Jigs?  I've only had luck trolling for them.  I haven't gotten out this spring yet, but the itch is definitely there to go.

ice jigs/plastics under a float

backbake

« Reply #54 on: Apr 24, 2013, 10:21 AM »
I fished a small private pond the other afternoon, a place I used to fish a lot when I was a youngin'....got about ten or so (all released) on little twisters under a float...brought back a lot of memories....I'd like to get out there in a canoe with some buckeyes just for kicks...lots of fun!

PeterC

« Reply #55 on: Apr 25, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Trapper-are you talking about a place on Saratoga? Going both days this weekend and Friday too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.