FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake associations vs DEC... Can they do that?  (Read 8777 times)

THEOZON

Re: Lake associations vs DEC... Can they do that?
« Reply #30 on: Sep 10, 2013, 08:02 AM »
Scott you don't need a licence to fish your own pond or  leases but everyone else needs one that is over the age of 16 does , the Farm Fresh Pond license  covers this and about stocking to and the license is free
Yes but you need the "free license".Direct family members are exempt from buying a license.

filetandrelease

« Reply #31 on: Sep 10, 2013, 08:08 AM »
Yes but you need the "free license".Direct family members are exempt from buying a license.

your right forgot to put that in

esox v

« Reply #32 on: Sep 10, 2013, 08:15 AM »
Were not talking about payment and the fact that the license is free is irrelevant... Were talking about being free to fish a pond on your "private" land without a license provided by the state, granting " Permission " to do so.  The answer is clearly NO.

Plus the law doesn't even look like it pertains to sport fishing or recreational angling.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

filetandrelease

« Reply #33 on: Sep 10, 2013, 08:24 AM »

your the one that stated you needed a licences to fish your own pond was all ,I'm not saying one does not need a permit to dig jeez

esox v

« Reply #34 on: Sep 10, 2013, 08:51 AM »

your the one that stated you needed a licences to fish your own pond was all ,I'm not saying one does not need a permit to dig jeez
Correct because you do. Not sure where the dig thing came from

That's funny that they use the word permission in the definition of permission. ;D

As a side note, several years ago I was offered a job with the DEC that dealt with this stuff after I scored the highest on the civil service exam, I passed on it because I didn't want to move to the Western end of the State, I like the Adirondacks. Got into guiding soon after, can't believe I've been doing it for 16 years already; definitely made the right choice. ;D
That is funny !! ;D ;D  Dunno about the DEC thing... 16 years twords  that pension and retirement. :) I would have made the same choice.... Being happy doing what you like is worth a lot

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

OTIS

« Reply #35 on: Sep 10, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Dunno about the DEC thing... 16 years twords  that pension and retirement. :) I would have made the same choice.... Being happy doing what you like is worth a lot

I'm not a state employee, but i work with thousands of them.  Lets just say that the benefit packages are not nearly as nice as what the public's perception of them is.  An average 401K will produce as much as a pension that you have to pay into.  Wither way you're working with your own money, not the governments.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

esox v

« Reply #36 on: Sep 10, 2013, 11:19 AM »
I'm not a state employee, but i work with thousands of them.  Lets just say that the benefit packages are not nearly as nice as what the public's perception of them is.  An average 401K will produce as much as a pension that you have to pay into.  Wither way you're working with your own money, not the governments.
Guess that's good for the tax payer... Benefits were always better and the salary not so much... Then it turned to both being great. Then we went broke. :)

filetandrelease

« Reply #37 on: Sep 10, 2013, 11:42 AM »
I guess it would be easier just to call up the regional office and ask some questions, I called last week and they put me right through to the proper person , and My questions was  answered , no license needed to fish your own land under fishing license ,[exemptions ]

BLACK ICE

« Reply #38 on: Sep 10, 2013, 11:43 AM »

Good post, I liked the debate you all had. :clapping:

ecolt14527

« Reply #39 on: Sep 10, 2013, 05:30 PM »
First, the state "regulates" state waters, not own them !! Also, State angling regulations pertain to private ponds, UNLESS a person has a FREE farm fish pond license. That allows the owner to manage the fisheries of said pond anyway they wish. BUT the bottom line is that in my 34 years I didn't ever check anyone angling on a private pond and all officers that I worked with felt the same way. New York has enough water that was under patrolled to keep us busy !! After the 60' and 70's if we observed equipment building a five plus acre pond we may find out if they had the required permits.   JTP

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #40 on: Sep 10, 2013, 06:06 PM »
Oh....they probably won't believe you anyway Jud. Real answers are seldom accepted here. Rather, they're rejected in favor of speculation and paranoia.

A sad commentary on the state of our NY anglers.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

esox v

« Reply #41 on: Sep 11, 2013, 06:11 PM »
Oh....they probably won't believe you anyway Jud. Real answers are seldom accepted here. Rather, they're rejected in favor of speculation and paranoia.

A sad commentary on the state of our NY anglers.

RG
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: What's sad...... Is really smart people who couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

You can put this argument to rest RG.. With a simple "YES" or "No" answer.. Is a "FREE" farm fish pond license..... a license ?

YES OR NO

esox v

« Reply #42 on: Sep 11, 2013, 06:21 PM »
First, the state "regulates" state waters, not own them !! Also, State angling regulations pertain to private ponds, UNLESS a person has a FREE farm fish pond license. That allows the owner to manage the fisheries of said pond anyway they wish. BUT the bottom line is that in my 34 years I didn't ever check anyone angling on a private pond and all officers that I worked with felt the same way. New York has enough water that was under patrolled to keep us busy !! After the 60' and 70's if we observed equipment building a five plus acre pond we may find out if they had the required permits.    JTP
With all do respect Sir.... We are talking about the "LAW" and that's black and white...  Officers discretion on what laws they choose to enforce and don't is irrelevant to this debate and just muddies up the water.

ecolt14527

« Reply #43 on: Sep 11, 2013, 08:20 PM »
Hey RG, I give up. Had my fill of backroom attorneys over the years, again I give up !! esox v, you win, have it any way you want. JTP

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #44 on: Sep 12, 2013, 01:18 AM »
Yep! It's gonna rain today ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.