FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: oswego river  (Read 16226 times)

perchslayer25

oswego river
« on: Mar 15, 2004, 03:26 PM »
In fulton at the lower bridge...i was on the ice and there was about 1 and a 1/2 of ice...i managed to catch my limit of all about 10-13 inch perch...im not sure what the ice is gonna be like cause it was soft ice...but were there is open water there bighting just as good....let me know if your going..maybe i can meet you there
 ;D
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
Re: oswego river
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:21 AM »
Sound like some good size perch.... Good catch.

Sorry to get off topic, but the largest walleye I have ever seen have come out of that river. Most were caught while bullhead fishing by friends of mine.
Harold

perchslayer25

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2004, 05:46 AM »
This weekend was just me my uncle and one of his buddies...and we all cought our limit....it was slow for like an hour but not to bad...they were bighting all day until about 5...then they shut right off....and we managed to get 3 walleye off of some tip ups we had on the ice
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

bluegillking

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:14 PM »
a few guys are catching some very nice browns and steelheads on the east side by the motels by the 104 bridge. choice of baits are egg sacs ,worms minnows and buck tail jigs. the river is running at 10,700 at this time. 10,000 and below you can fish the whole river all the way to the dam. :D hope we get some nice weather

bluegillking

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:17 PM »
if anybody needs any info on the oswego river in the city of oswego just ask the bluegillking as i sit here everyday collecting info from fisherman ;)

bluegillking

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:19 PM »
the ice is gone at wrights landing marina and that means bullhead time. laaches, nightcrawlers are the choice of bait.

perchslayer25

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2004, 02:13 PM »
id liked to know some info on the oswego river in oswego...?bluegillking

tommyboy

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2004, 12:00 PM »
Bluegillking,

I relatively new to the area and I would appreciate some info on the Oswego river also.  Preferably, I would like to know where there are some parking spots/access points.  Any hotspots would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

scottcny

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Tom--
On the west side of the river you can park at Wrights landing, that's the public marina up there, there is also a couple other lots right on the west side of the river where you can access the wall. The east side offer the same set up, some good browns come from behind the first lock on the river right behind the hotels on the east side, fish the slack water with big white curly tail grubs and drag them through the sand on the bottom....

lovetofish

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2004, 01:26 PM »
Nice launch on the east side of the river in Fulton.  Just past the County Office Building.

lovetofish

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2004, 01:27 PM »
PS. Its free year round!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:54 PM »
Are the steallies and browns up at the power house and dam?
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

bluegillking

« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2004, 08:43 AM »
camo-fish there are steelies and browns at the dam and behind the power house. getting to the dam and wading is not an option at this point. the water is to high. the drift boats are the ones getting the fish at the dam ,however the water is just about were you can fish the wall behind the post office.also you can fish behind the hotels on the east side of the river . parking, you can park behind the salmon shop  its city parking and free. park behind the post office its free. access points at either place . ;)

bluegillking

« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2004, 11:30 AM »
the oswego river is running at 9470, which means you can fish the entire river from the walls and shore. i seen 6 steelies gome out from the deep channel behind the salmon shop. the guy was using egg sacs

zuke852000

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2004, 12:21 PM »
Has anyone fished bullheads at Wrights landing yet? Thinking abuot going down tonight... Will let ya know how I did.
ZUKE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.