FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry  (Read 2559 times)

Albo

Canyon Ferry
« on: May 14, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Any body been fishing Canyon Ferry, was wondering how it was around Cemetery Island and Magpie Bay area

whitetailtrax

Re: Canyon Ferry
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:50 AM »
I think the rainbow fishing from shore has slowed down quite a bit on the north end over the last week.  Remember that Magpie Bay is closed to all fishing until June 15th!!!  Good luck.

Fishawn

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I was there Friday afternoon until late Sunday and it was was extremely slow on the south end. There were a ton of boats hanging in "the city" each day. We tried it out and caught a few dink walleye and trout on a crawdad crank, but got tired of zig zagging around everyone so we headed north. We caught a few small trout up by Confederate but again they were tiny. Is there anyone out there having more luck for walleye than me? Anybody having any luck jigging?

Albo

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2010, 04:18 PM »
went out trolling on the north end from Yacht Basin around to Kim's Marina, stayed close enough to shore to view the beach sceanery, pulled in a half dozen walleye in the 12 to 14" range, and had 6 rainbows over 18 inches. There was three of us in the boat, so overall it was slow, but the bear was cold.

captain stubie

« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2010, 02:34 PM »
iam thinking of going out to canyon ferry on saturday with my dad on the boat does anyone have anytips or suggestions on where to go and how to catch them ???????
- thanks for the help

FishN4Eyes

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2010, 10:47 AM »

The south end where the river runs in.

Pitch jigs with leeches or troll Slo-death hooks with crawlers.

Need any more info, PM me.

Good luck and have fun!

Albo

« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Went trolling the last two days in Magpie bay. Trout were active in the morning on anything pink, limited out easily with an assortment of rainbows from 15 to 19 inches. Landed a small mouth bass on a perch shadrap off the rocky point on the north side of magpie that points towards Cemetery Island.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.