FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Ferry, Hauser or Holter, or the river between  (Read 2350 times)

31isenough

The Ferry, Hauser or Holter, or the river between
« on: Mar 22, 2012, 09:05 PM »
I'm headed to Helena area this weekend and was curious what is fishing the best?

Strippnthedream

• Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
Re: The Ferry, Hauser or Holter, or the river between
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2012, 10:22 PM »
The ice is coming off of CF and the trout bite should be getting hot. The Wallys r starting 2 bite good at hauser don't know about holter sorry.
YuppieH8R!

So good with my rod I make fish come!

PyroZuki

• FISH AWN!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2012, 07:49 AM »
The ice is coming off of CF and the trout bite should be getting hot. The Wallys r starting 2 bite good at hauser don't know about holter sorry.

Is any of it open for boats, yet? I want to head over on Monday with mine.

Pyro

onefish wonder

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2012, 08:58 AM »
Right now the trout biting the best. Pitching crankbaits silver and black is popular on the right side of the river in the gates towards lower holter the first campground on the right there is a rock wall and the trout are killing the crankbait up there. The walleye bite is still slow but it should be heating up we picked up one 15 incher just before the rock wall drifting with a 1/16 ounce black and red jig head and a salted minnow. You will need to add some split shots about a foot and a half up from the jig head  due to the current especially if the wind is howling you will be moving pretty good whether you want to or not. I hope this helps GOOD LUCK!
Just Feed' em

Strippnthedream

• Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2012, 10:21 AM »
CF is open u could put a boat in probably any where on the lake. As for hauser theirs still a little ice above the dam but not much. CF would probably be ur best bet as the rainbows r going into spawn and should be able 2 rip lips all day long especially from a boat u could move around alot easier.
YuppieH8R!

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.