FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carson/Pegasus Report late August  (Read 1190 times)

Koffee Kat

Carson/Pegasus Report late August
« on: Aug 25, 2008, 10:37 AM »
So hit up the Mcleod lakes yesterday on my new Fish Kat float tube & had a pretty nice time kickin' around for the day, calm, not too hot, not too cold, just perfect...  While I failed to hook into anything for more than a split second, my friend did a lot better on his pontoon boat, landing a 15"er & 2 smaller ones he let go.  my wife fished off shore with still bait & crapped out unfortunately.  Lots of Rainbows jumping, but not in schools, just all over the place, so it was hard to pin down exactly where they were, hard to pick a spot & head over, jump in one place, then a jump 50 yards away...  A couple other people were catching off shore, but not enough to call it a good day.  The most anyone kept was three around the 11" mark.  I have heard this lake yields exceptionally well, not uncommon to catch ten & 5 of them keepers, but not so yesterday.  Checked out little Mcleod but didn't lauch the tube.  Was hoping to fish off shore for some monster pike I heard frequent this little (but deep) lake, but the water was way too high to cast anywhere into deep water, so did not even bother.  Would probabaly need a boat for thios lake.  That's it for now...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.