FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: nsr in edmonton  (Read 13872 times)

saskyangler

nsr in edmonton
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:23 AM »
where can a guy access the river within or close to city limits for some fishing. ive never fished the river but need something closer than driving out to a lake every day. thanks for any help.

WorkToFish

Re: nsr in edmonton
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 11:02 AM »
where in town are you there plenty of spots hermatige park in the east ,right Down town at the power plant fish right at the outlet,whitemud Creek in the west.Just goin to the fishing hole they have a free map of local access but ya just let me know what part ill tell ya where to get down in your area

saskyangler

« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2010, 09:39 AM »
awesome thanks, i went out and tried by the strathcona science park last week. fished all day and didnt get a bite. i live downtown but i'm willing to drive as well.  i'm not picky about what i catch i just want to catch some fish while im in the city on days off from work.

The Anvil

• MFF Mod Team
  • "Gone Fishing"
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02, 2010, 02:42 AM »
There are numerous spots that are home to some good fishing on the NSR, Downtown area around the Dawson bridge can be good, I have always had good luck down by whitemud creek as well.

The nice thing about the NSR is there are so many great spots, but most are a decent walk to get to.
When I have a free day I like to walk a good length and try different spots. If I am in a Lazy mood I go bait chucking down at Devon, or up stream of the Quesnell Bridge.

Walleye like to sit in the pools caused by the storm drains.

Best thing to do is grab your self some good barbless hooks, some bait a good chair and find a spot, sooner or later you will catch.

Cheers.

~Gone Fishing~

saskyangler

« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2010, 10:59 PM »
thanks a bunch guys, i'm going to be trying out some of these spots in the next couple of weeks.

Thunder Fish

« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Years ago when I was a kid we would spend many days at the old mouth of Mill Creek(it was diverted) in Cloverdale,I believe there is a pedestrian bridge crossing there now over the river drive to the end of 98th and hike to your west along the river bank,doubt if the old path would still be there.....enjoy

akt.duguid

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Got some really nice goldeyes last night at whitemud creek...used floating jig head with bullet weights 14 inches back.  The visability was very poor, with all of the rain, but there were loads of mayflies on the surface and minnows jumping everywhere.

WorkToFish

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2010, 11:48 PM »
has the water cleared up enuff to fish yet

bushnell

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2010, 09:18 AM »
The river is still high and muddy,but nowyou have to contend with all the poplar fluff.Spent a couple of hours at Whitemud last night.caught a few nice walleyes. You also have to watch out for all the new snags,and lines out there.

bushnell

« Reply #9 on: Jun 26, 2010, 11:22 PM »
So since no-one else wants to post anything to this thread,and only check it out,Went out this afternoon for a couple hours. the bite was slow.only managed a couple of walleyes.The river is still high and muddy,lots of garbage still coming down stream. Going out tommorrow to a different spot and try for sturgeon.

Terny16

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2010, 06:14 PM »
how big were the eyes you pulled out?

bushnell

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2010, 09:23 PM »
The walleyes were about 18in. They were sitting out at the edge of the current,caught them on leeches,and a floating jig-head. Today was slow again,not to much junk coming dowm stream.The water is slowly starting to clear up.The fishing was slow,only managed 1 white sucker and 1 Sturgeon .Came in at 51 in.wasn't tagged,but is now.

bushnell

« Reply #12 on: Jul 04, 2010, 10:34 PM »
So another week goes by and no new posts.The river is starting to level off,the visibility is improving. The fishing is ok ,but the catching still sucks.

The Anvil

• MFF Mod Team
  • "Gone Fishing"
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Fishing should be better by now.

Where have you been fishing mostly at?

~Gone Fishing~

bushnell

« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2010, 10:33 PM »
Some of my time is spent at Whitemud creek,but the majority of my time is spent west of the city  trying to tag more Sturgeon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.