FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest brown trout  (Read 55672 times)

TroutFishingBear

Biggest brown trout
« on: Mar 27, 2004, 07:00 PM »
19 lbs, 35"  on the gunnison river in the gorge

I know someone can beat that, lol

SALMOTRUTTA

Re: Biggest brown trout
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2004, 04:10 PM »
4 lbs.,22 inches thru the ice.N.H. state record coming soon.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2004, 05:37 PM »
I have caught some lake run Browns in the ontario tribs between 10 -15 pounds, but the brown I was most impressed with was a 26 1/2 inch 7lb 12 oz fish out of my favorite local stream it's unheard of to get one over 22 inches out of it, thats why I was so impressed..
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Jigwiggler

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2004, 05:42 PM »
30"  11 lbs roughly (weight estimation formula)  a month ago out of Seneca lake NY

May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2004, 11:43 PM »
Eleven pounds and about 32" on the Colorado River in Glenwood Canyon, caught and released on a drifted nightcrawler.
I also saw one the same year that charged both my brother and dad's panther martin that was probably close to 20 pounds.
A good brown on the Colorado can go 10 pounds. Most are 1 - 3 pounds though, but they are plentiful. The rainbows average about twice as big and can go much larger than the browns.
Big browns have nasty teeth and can rip line to shreds as bad or worse than a pike. While pike have a bunch of teeth in the mouth like small nails, large male trout, especially browns and brookies, have razor like teeth all along each jaw. They can tear a hand or finger up pretty good.

Tyler

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Okay using the gunny gorge wasn't fair for me, its basically unfished ;D

12 lbs. colorado river, around nov. 20. Thought it was a rainbow because it was so orange until I got it in.

7 lbs. roaring fork river. #6 rainbow trout pm. (white background)

But, overall, it mostly depends on the water in your area for growing them.

good job guys!!!

icefishnh

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2004, 08:58 PM »
ok guys, dont laugh...ive only caught 4 browns in my whole life and the biggest was maybe 1lb..lol.   salmo, where'd you catch your brown?
I like big fish and I cannot lie!

JasonN

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2004, 11:58 PM »

21 incher the other day... but I've only been able to realy seriously pursue trout fishing since last July, and my area isn't full of monsters like some of the western rivers.

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2004, 06:25 AM »
My biggest weighed about 8 lbs. I caught it in Lake Michigan and it was only about 24" long. Dam thing looked like a football!!!!!!!!!
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2004, 02:47 PM »
My biggest weighed about 8 lbs. I caught it in Lake Michigan and it was only about 24" long. Dam thing looked like a football!!!!!!!!!

The rainbows here are like a football also.

The browns here look like the one jason has (girth-wise and length-wise), although I have caught a few football-like browns

buzz bait

• save the walleyes
« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2004, 12:09 PM »
a 14 pounder out of owasco trolling seth green rigs

bayonne

« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2004, 07:12 PM »
my largest brown was 7-8 lbs round valley resivor in jersey are state record stands at 26 lbs and was caught not to long ago round valley in called valley of the giants and for good reason trout in the teens are farley common even bows record laker is 32 lbs not bad for jersey warters we get nice trout right from shore in the cooler months and from boat year round it great seeing your fish shake its head in 40 -50 ft near bottom warters gi clear all the time and cold

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2004, 06:11 PM »
it great seeing your fish shake its head in 40 -50 ft near bottom warters gi clear all the time and cold

Yes, it is really cool to see. The Gunnison River, in the Gorge, cliffs out in several spots where it is about 80 ft. wide, with no banks, only straight down cliffs. The river is 35 ft. deep or so, and i can see the bottom. When floating down it in a raft or personal cataraft, it is fun to hook a 30+" brown in these places and see your panther martin in its mouth.

In these types of areas on the gorge fish are not fished more than 10-20 boats/rafts per year, and only see at most 1 lure  every year because the 10-20 boats can not stop. It is also cool to see 3 1/2 footers swimming everywhere, mostly browns but some rainbows.

In one of the reservoirs made by this river many miles above, there are lake trout. The lake trout AVERAGE about 8-10 pounds, and hundreds of 30 pounders are taken every year. I'm sure its fun to see those in open water too, but I only ice fish on this lake because I don't own a boat, just a small cataraft and the lake is way to huge.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2004, 04:38 PM »
Very nice fish Slipbob, just a kid there, looks like.
There is my biggest brown, mmmmm good, I got another one 20" on my wall that I caught in a small mountain stream down in VA when I was 13ish. Will have to take a picture of that one too.

Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

wet waders

« Reply #14 on: Jul 16, 2004, 06:49 PM »
24 inch in elk county, north central Pa.

Wet Waders

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.