FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter'  (Read 14378 times)

Pikeguy

Re: Stingray kills 'Crocodile Hunter'
« Reply #60 on: Sep 06, 2006, 11:33 AM »
I find it interesting that the general concensus about this persons death is that is is not a surprise, but is still considered unfortunate and we all feel some degree of compassion regarding his death and for his family. No one is saying "That'll Fix Him"" or "He got what he deserved".

This is the extreme and exact opposite as the most prevalent response to the death of Timothy Treadwell, the guy that got eaten alive by a grizzly bear and had a documentary "Grizzly Man"
 "He deserved it for being such a moron" was the most popular feeling.
 What if this croc guy had got eaten while hand feeding a fish to a 20 foot Nile Crocodile as he has done. Would we then feel the same as for the bear moron ("Ohhhh, look at the cute and fuzzy bear. Nice bear, nice bear.......what a pretty bear" he would say, in a tone at all dissimilar to a homosexual).

Maybe because the bear nut was so annoying; (I could not sit through the Grizzly Man" film)
is why people did not feel bad. He did nothing any more stupid than the crocodile guy.

???????????????????????

Except the Croc Hunter, while doing stupid things, knew and preached about the risk he was taking...and respected the animals wild side...even while he tried to play with them.   At least he didn't end up a big pile of bear sh*t like Treadwell  ;D

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #61 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:23 PM »
i got the distinct impression that tredwell really didnt feel that he was in very much danger at all...that these bears respected him....were as steve erwin..though he took alot more risks...knew that every time he jumped into the water..could be the last time he did it. ...and the other distinct fact is ...he didnt die playing with crocs...that makes a huge difference...he died in a freak, almost un-natural way. i think it would have been different if he made a huge mistake..but this is no fault of his own..this technicly could have happend to anyone snorkeling right then and there....just mind boggleing
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #62 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:26 PM »
I doubt they'll show that clip.  Or his wife will be twice as rich as she already is.  I'm sure they made a fortune on all the shows/movies/endorsements over the last few years.  I know they "donated" a lot to animal charities (but i'm sure they're tax deductible in Australia too  ;)).  It's too bad he's gone...i always found the show amusing to watch.

archbishop

« Reply #63 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:26 PM »
the croc, hunter was well trained and prepaired for what he did, he was even warned before this accident that this is going to be the first time he isnt going to be in control because this is not his area, and no human is ever really in control under water, also the croc hunter wassnt alone ever, and on top of all that he was enteetaning, all be it a little crazy, at first everyone said, that guy is going to get eaten by a croc, even wanting to see it, but over the years has become a well respected, and even someone kids looked up to, we all kinda knew it would be a matter of time, but its still a sad story :tipup:

the grizzly idiot was a PETA activist who had no training other than the belief that bears can be our friends, he got to close to the animals who dont trust humans and on occasion go into there camps for food and at times kill people, he was out there alone with no form of defense, and i understand its PETA, but come on, at least get some bear mace ??? the only irony to this guy is that he was supposed to be flown out the day before but the helicopters couldnt get into him, maybe he had everything packed up and got lazy the last night and left some food out? who knows? they didnt find much of the guy :tipup: it was a good kick in the nads to PETA though :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #64 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:29 PM »
I doubt they'll show that clip.  Or his wife will be twice as rich as she already is.  I'm sure they made a fortune on all the shows/movies/endorsements over the last few years.  I know they "donated" a lot to animal charities (but i'm sure they're tax deductible in Australia too  ;)).

nah, i dont think they are even close to that type of people :tipup: i bet all the money went into the zoo, except enough for them to live and make sure the kids had a future :tipup: everything i have seen of the irwins goes against a materialistic lifestyle :tipup:

Anchorman

« Reply #65 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:49 PM »
He played the odds for alot of years, and beat the odds up until now.
As I had once read somewheres, "The coyote finally got the roadrunner."
That about sums it up.

archbishop

« Reply #66 on: Sep 06, 2006, 01:05 PM »
the gay grizzly guy got what he deserved

well it was his choice to join PETA and be on the wrong side of the food chain :tipup:

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #67 on: Sep 06, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I heard about Steve Monday night and I am sad to hear it.

I have watched the Crocodile Hunter and croc hunter diaries on Animal Planet since I have had a dish.

I think he was great guy. I have always enjoyed his nail bitting antics and his conservation minded ways. I liked how he would educate the public to the facts about crocs, snakes, spiders and other creatures who some folks would look down upon or hardly ever notice.

I send condolences to Steve's family, friends and all who watched him.

Discovery Channel Canada will be paying a special tribute to Steve Irwin this Sunday, Sept.10th.

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #68 on: Sep 06, 2006, 08:22 PM »
in answer to his dad being around he still is. Just caught a news line that said "Dad mourns best mate"

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.