FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1471950 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #5175 on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Well good luck mr+mrs burn , now I don’t know how it could be that your having your 29th because I’m sure she is only 29 😉
  PS my wife has the luck in our boat and she is only 29 😜

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5176 on: Jul 19, 2018, 09:40 AM »
She'll always look 29 to me!  ;D  Even though she goes by the handle "Cougar". Lol....
Going jigging for a while, then I want to play with some slow death rigs I tied up yesterday. Threw an inline flatfish attractor 6" in front of a home bent slow death hook. We'll see... fun to experiment.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5177 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:08 AM »
Got out with the guys late yesterday
  Temp was pleasant but it was rough , we made a few moves and managed to box out with all nice eaters

Nice work.  Speaking off today is dragging.  4 day weekend of striper smashing for me.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5178 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Nice work.  Speaking off today is dragging.  4 day weekend of striper smashing for me.

Tell me about it. I have 3 webinars to listen to. Good luck out there. Sounds like i will be on the cape the weekend of August 4th. Friday august 3rd around 7pm and will head home Sunday morning or noon time. Will you be down that way Jon?
Wicked Wec

filetandrelease

« Reply #5179 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Good luck guys and you know pics are always appreciated

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5180 on: Jul 19, 2018, 02:19 PM »
The wife or the pooch?  ;D

Lol, missed that post, actually I'm not sure which.... :P

lowaccord66

« Reply #5181 on: Jul 19, 2018, 07:20 PM »
Good luck guys and you know pics are always appreciated

Thanks Fred, same to you!  Mike, we will make it happen.  With all the shore fishing my boat is collecting dust. 

filetandrelease

« Reply #5182 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:42 PM »
Got with snag and his bud Wayne-O
 Little more searching tonight, but we manage box out on nice eaters , but not without incident, I casted off my best jig and I think it’s still flying and busted 1 off and snag snapped off his hot one lol yep lots of whining and not a drop of cheese on board lmao , back at the vice in the morning to replace those 2 antiques
  Weather was pleasant and the lake was calm

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #5183 on: Jul 20, 2018, 06:28 AM »
Nice catch. I was on the deck last night and heard a splash, I thought it was a fish, but it could have been a jig. Went the water goes down I will look. I am not having the type of year I am use too. Not getting anywhere near the numbers that I have in the past. Not marking many, not many bait balls and most of the fish I am getting are coming from deeper water. We need some cool temps and some cold rain, I think that would push them up onto the breaks....Keep up the good work and good luck....h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #5184 on: Jul 20, 2018, 07:41 AM »
Thanks h2l , 😉, our bite is different as compared to last year in a couple ways but I’m not complaining, , and it is dry but looks like rain is on it’s way ,

Tom Hannock

« Reply #5185 on: Jul 20, 2018, 10:09 AM »
Nice catch. I was on the deck last night and heard a splash, I thought it was a fish, but it could have been a jig. Went the water goes down I will look. I am not having the type of year I am use too. Not getting anywhere near the numbers that I have in the past. Not marking many, not many bait balls and most of the fish I am getting are coming from deeper water. We need some cool temps and some cold rain, I think that would push them up onto the breaks....Keep up the good work and good luck....h2l

Not Oneida but what the heck since you're talking about it and we both fish there I was out of the Town of Day launch the other morning, didn't mark much in my usual spots but did find a new hump with some marks that came up to about 29ft in spots and managed to jig a quick limit of barely legal eyes on my trusty silver snap rap with a 4 or 5 shorts.  None bigger than 16" but I'll take it :laugh: 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Tom Hannock

« Reply #5186 on: Jul 20, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Nice fishing filetandrelease.  I'm hoping to do my once or twice a year outing on Oneida soon and also try Otisco for the first time while I'm out that way.  Those Oneida eyes are as tasty as any I've ever had. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #5187 on: Jul 20, 2018, 10:41 AM »
Nice job Freddie, Shane, and Wayno!!
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5188 on: Jul 20, 2018, 12:43 PM »
heres the pic from my camera fred,  I ended up landing 9  if you got more then that, I think you may have got me last night ole man  ;D

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5189 on: Jul 20, 2018, 12:46 PM »

the picture from night before, what an orange twilight, one the best I've ever seen.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.