FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fat Boy's 2015 Photos  (Read 11128 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Fat Boy's 2015 Photos
« on: Apr 14, 2015, 09:57 PM »
45.5" caught this past Friday casting a Bomber Magnum Long A:

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: Fat Boy's 2015 Photos
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2015, 12:10 AM »
That is awesome!!!!! WTG  :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :bowdown: :flex:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2015, 05:47 AM »
Nice bass Kevin.. :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

waterwolf603

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2015, 05:57 AM »
great way to start the season
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Holy schmolie Keven....that's a monster.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2015, 06:12 PM »
Wow, nice going Fat Boy dandy big striped bass from what I have seen. 8)
Great start to you new season also. ;)

WW

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 AM »
Thanks guys.  She took me around the boat 4 times, and under the boat twice, trying to get that prop on the motor too.  Luckily, I was able to plunge my rod tip deep enough to avoid trouble.  The last time I caught one that big was in 2002.

On top of that, my buddy and I had a double.  He had to fight and land his fish before he could help me, and his fish was over 30" long!  I managed to take a picture using my phone of his fish, while I was fighting mine!

We went back after them yesterday and got blanked on stripers, but fished a short while for bass...got few, including this football.  She's not long, but girthy!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2015, 04:22 PM »
That's a nice bass to...    ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drobertsinMaryland

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 06:10 AM »
Nice fish Kevin figured you have been on the water. 8) Surprised there aren't any Musky pics on this thread yet. ;D

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'll have more pics later in the week...been busy of late and no time to work on a decent post.

Nice fish Kevin figured you have been on the water. 8) Surprised there aren't any Musky pics on this thread yet. ;D

I know, right?  It's been 13 months since I've landed one.  Lot's of follows and three fish lost...ughhh...muskies suck (just agreeing with Pete Maina).

When do you plan on fishing Dave?  About time for your Raystown trip, isn't it?

drobertsinMaryland

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 08:31 PM »
When do you plan on fishing Dave?  About time for your Raystown trip, isn't it?

Doubt I make it to Raystown again this year Kevin. Just too much crap going on.lol

Been out fishing a few times so far. Just had four days off and fished 3 of them.hehe Been to Black Hills 3 times so far this year. I hit Cunningham once and Big Slackwater yesterday. Yesterday I couldn't get the bass to bite. I lost two smallies neither were that big. It was extremely windy and cold. Tuesday I probably had 12 lbs at Black Hills.

Upgraded my trolling motor to a 24 volt and added a 3 bank on board charger in the off season. We need to hit the water sometime this year. Normally working on weekends and holidays though. ::)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 10:00 AM »
Yes, it's been a while since we've fished together...need to change that.

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
« Reply #12 on: Jul 15, 2015, 11:00 AM »
WOW Kevin that's a nice stiper  :o very nice. Great job  :thumbup_smilie: The bass is nice too, hard to look at it with the striper taking the whole screen up on my computer

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2015, 01:01 PM »
Thanks Muskyon!

More pics of late:  This past Saturday...some smallie fishin', my buddy Howard and I put together a trip.  Here are a few pictures of a great day on the water.

The river was in much better shape than I expected, and also was pretty peaceful.

Howard caught the first bass of the day, and set the stage…unfortunately, I lost my first opportunity, a big smallie that taught me why she got that big...ptooey!

A 4" plastic worm brought both Howard and I some nice bronze to the boat:

Howard decided to take it easy and let the boat drift do the work, his "Lake Erie Drift Method":

And it worked! 

And right after that, a  plastic worm double, twin 16”ers (I measured mine, but we compared them and they were the same size, literally caught in the same hole):

A better look at Howard’s fish:

Switched to a buzzbait in the late afternoon after the winds changed.  There were plenty of 12 inchers on the buzzer, but quite a few like this to make me giggle like a kid again:

My hot lure was a ¼ oz. buzzbait with ¾ of a Zoom Dead Ringer with a dyed chartreuse tail as a trailer.  It was the hot bait at the creek that we fished last week for me, and proved worthy this past Saturday as well.  This smaller bronzeback is modeling his new accessory for you.

Another buzzbait fish that exploded on my lure:

I wound up catching several nice bass on the buzzer, and toward the end, after catching 18 smallies on the buzzer, all I needed was one more fish to hit 50, and boy did she hit.  She exploded on my buzzbait and took me around the front of the boat to the other side as I avoided letting the line get fouled on the trolling motor, and after a few runs, she came boatside.  I unhooked her, got Howard to photograph her for me, and then I measured and released her.  She went 19 inches on the nose, my biggest of the day.  Looking back, the one that I lost fought harder, so that fish was at least that size. 

On the day, I finished with 49 smallies (19 on a buzzbait) and a largemouth caught on the buzzer early for a total of 50 bass, and 17 big redbreast sunfish (2 on a buzzbait).  Howard didn’t have quite as many as me early, but also finished strong with the buzzbait. 

Wow, what a day.  I couldn’t resist taking this picture prior to our departure.  Now I can’t wait to go back.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Jul 28, 2015, 08:33 PM »
Wow.....  Great small mouths Kevin... :bowdown: :clapping: :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:   Got to love that...   It feels like i haven't been out in forever..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.