FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sort of off-topic but . . .  (Read 1119 times)

Boomer

Sort of off-topic but . . .
« on: Jul 24, 2015, 05:04 PM »
Spent the last two days in the South Bend area for job interviews. (OK after Thursday's interview I went to the pier at M.C.)  Was informed today that one of the jobs has been offered to me !  Will probably take it.

NOW:  I (we) will continue to live in the North Judson area until the boy graduates in the spring. Long drive for me but worth it for the boy.  Wife has been offered an interview in Plymouth.  Where would you suggest to live between both?  We are both country people - no towns or cities; want to be near a lake(s) but not too far (less than an hour) from M.C..  Any ideas where we should start looking? Thanks.

neonnc3

Re: Sort of off-topic but . . .
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2015, 06:53 AM »
Boomer!....the best area for you to move would be the fish lake , very rual, and kankakee and lil Kankakee river just a few miles away, as well as fish lake , potato creek pine and stone lakes in laporte. Home prices start at about 50k and rentals about 600.... 45 min to lake Michigan, 30 min. to so bend  and 15 min to laporte . there are bait shops in fish lake, on main rd 4 , 2 of them and and at the pay ponds on 800. , and  a bait shop in laporte west side on small rd... and two bait shops in Michigan city and a wholesale bait shop , chiefs, on 12 in the city. hope this info helps ...check with the bait shops in the area you want to live in they have a lot  of information about the area..... big box stores don't!

Boomer

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2015, 07:35 AM »
Neonnc3 - thanks.  Wondering about location. Been fishing Bass Lake; Maxi (ice); and Stone/Pine Lakes since moving up there last year. If (when) my wife gets her job we will need to locate nearer work for both of us.  Sounds like a place to start looking.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2015, 09:46 PM »
Bremen is inbetween the two points of work. And l.o.w. is right there. Its a walleye lake. And the good ole green carp of course. ;)
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.