FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any guitar players here?  (Read 50 times)

taxid

Any guitar players here?
« on: Today at 11:22 AM »
I used to be a guitar playing and singing fool in my younger days, even sang briefly for a garage band, and won a couple of talent contests,  but when I got married stopped playing for 30 years. I guess I didn't need to impress any girls anymore. Anyway picked it back up again a few years ago and bought a Martin acoustic to replace my old Ovation Applause. And being retired I have more time than when I ran a business.

There has to be some guitar players here. I've run into a lot of anglers that also play guitar.

If so, what do style and artists do you play, or perhaps you prefer to do original pieces, or both?

I do both, and prefer a lot of finger picking with vocals of oldies like Simon and Garfunkel, James Taylor, Glen Campbell, Mason Williams etc.

So anybody?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

KingPerch

Re: Any guitar players here?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 11:29 AM »
I can play a mean air guitar!! And, drums… bass…piano… etc…..lol! I stuck to racing growing up, played the drums some. I envy the true musicians who can play most instruments.
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:25 PM »
I can play a mean air guitar!! And, drums… bass…piano… etc…..lol! I stuck to racing growing up, played the drums some. I envy the true musicians who can play most instruments.

I envy musicians that can play more than one instrument. Always wanted to pick up keyboard, banjo, and mandolin, but could barely afford a guitar growing up. A song I wrote would be a killer with mandolin intro that is presently done on the top two strings on my guitar.

I wouldn't mind playing Gentle on my Mind that Glen Campbell made a hit of written by John Hartford on a banjo. See below. Loudon Waynewright III's original version of Dead Skunk is also done on banjo.

John Hartford's original banjo version of Gentle on My Mind. Love the tap dancing etc.! 

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:28 PM »

:thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:59 PM »
Had to go to a tenor uke and guitar a few years back. Broken left wrist (some 40 years ago) made it impossible to fret a 6 string chord. Broke my heart to sell my Taylor GA. But it went to a guy who could give it justice. Beautiful piece with an amazing tone.

At this point I pick around on the couch in the evening. My Bride is my only audience. Just as well I guess.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:38 PM »
Had to go to a tenor uke and guitar a few years back. Broken left wrist (some 40 years ago) made it impossible to fret a 6 string chord. Broke my heart to sell my Taylor GA. But it went to a guy who could give it justice. Beautiful piece with an amazing tone.

At this point I pick around on the couch in the evening. My Bride is my only audience. Just as well I guess.

Sorry to hear about your broken wrist. I would go into depression if Ii couldn't play my guitar anymore.

Taylor's make nice guitars! Sometimes I wonder if I should have gone with a Taylor over my Martin.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.