FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fawn Lake  (Read 1246 times)

OG-Coldbum

Fawn Lake
« on: Aug 23, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Howdy everyone. It is a been a awhile since I posted last. I hope everyone has been doing more catching than fishing. I have not really fished much in the last couple of years because you know, life happens. I am finally getting some time to out. We are going in to Fawn Lake (Hamilton County) this weekend.   I have only been up there a couple of times and that was on the hard water. Can anyone give me the scoop on the campsites close to decent fishing water? My cousin and I are taking our young sons. They will be happy catching panfish, pickerel and bullheads. I am guessing the lakers are deep this time of year? Are there bass swimming around out there? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks  and  tight lines!

finsntins

Re: Fawn Lake
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2017, 10:56 AM »
if you dont get any help here,i would call the inlet info.office 315-357-5501 and ask to speak to mitch,him and his dad have been fishing these lakes for a long time,im sure he would have some info.for you.
MISS B.HAVEN' SPORT FISHING

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
Re: Fawn Lake
« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2017, 12:07 PM »
to me there are better lakes to take kids to for fishing then fawn lake,but here is what i know
the south end of the lake has the deep hole about 60ft-good lake trout fishing[deep water now
has pickerel-look for some weedstry red/white things,sunfish-look for weeds or  timber worms and
size 14 hooks under a bobber about 1ft under the water bal.bobber,no hits good deeper nice perch
on bottom worms size 8 jighead hook cast out bring in slow likes rocks,timber,weeds,bass use a craw
 type lure by rocks
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.