FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Pond in Saint Regis Canoe area  (Read 1344 times)

Salvelinus

Long Pond in Saint Regis Canoe area
« on: Aug 11, 2017, 12:16 PM »
Fellow anglers,

I'm trying to find some fishing intel on Long Pond in the Saint Regis Canoe Area. From what I've gathered, Long Pond offers fair fishing for brook trout and decent to good fishing for smallmouth bass, and maybe largemouth bass. Anyone have an idea of other panfish species in the pond, like sunfish or yellow perch, and what the fishing quality may be for those species? Looking for a contour map for this lake has come up empty as well. Does one exist?

Thank you, Mike

xc600

• ADK
Re: Long Pond in Saint Regis Canoe area
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2017, 01:18 PM »
Never fished Long pond but an old timer I ran into on Floodwood told me that East Pine and West Pine ponds were good Brookie ponds. They are on my bucket list, what beautiful country.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2017, 08:20 AM »
mike
i think you are talking about the long pond in franklin co about 320 acres lots of open  camping
town floodwood  there are some brookies BUT donot try to hard for them not many there,most
fish this pond for bass has lakes in the deep 50ft hole in the middle of the the narrows north of
the outlet,has bullheads sunfish,perch,bass, lakers,suckers, try the north end by inlets for brookies
likes spinners, bass the points and the timber with plastic worms
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

Salvelinus

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2017, 07:11 PM »
Thanks RAT, very helpful! I'll try to see if the perch and sunfish have any size to em'

Salvelinus

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2017, 09:33 AM »
Thanks again for the tips. We worked the submerged timber for largemouth bass and did pretty well. Wacky rigged senkos were especially productive. Keeper size sunfish and perch available in the same area. Worms and small mister twisters produced a nice meal for the campfire.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.