FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Two headed Lake Trout  (Read 1784 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Two headed Lake Trout
« on: Aug 22, 2019, 06:53 AM »
PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. — A woman out on a fishing trip reeled in  more than she bargained for.

https://fox6now.com/2019/08/21/woman-reels-in-fish-with-2-mouths/

KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

filetandrelease

Re: Two headed Lake Trout
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2019, 07:36 AM »

That would make a great replica

seamonkey84

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2019, 03:50 PM »
isn't the throat just ripped down?
That’s what I’m seeing
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2019, 04:37 PM »
That’s what I’m seeing

I found another article about this type of situation, and although they were talking about cutthroat trout, the general consensus was a serious injury/hook wound at an early age that was never able to heal.

Not quite two heads, but still cool.

Fish Farmer

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2019, 06:56 AM »
isn't the throat just ripped down?

Yep....you should read the Facebook comments on some of the Vermont fishing pages, from pollution in the lake, genetic deformities, arguing back and forth.

I heard it was caught again!

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2019, 11:18 AM »
That fish would have a constant supply of O2 rich water passing through its gills and still have room to eat on the run.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2019, 01:18 PM »
I have a large yellow perch in one of my ponds that looks like something took a bite out of it just behind the head and it survived and healed up. It only shows up with I seine the pond. I figure if it was tough enough to survive it deserves to be thrown back and fed the pellets I feed the fish in that pond.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.