FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullheads !  (Read 14574 times)

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
Bullheads !
« on: Mar 26, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Anybody on them yet ?
Wont be long now and we should start seeing them !!

pyle

Re: Bullheads !
« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2007, 01:42 PM »
I dont think there in yet.Usualy right after the perch stop spawning the bullhead bite picks up. So shouldnt be long maybe another week or 2 here. With this warm weather and rain im hoping its soon. Im dying to get out there and catch those ugly bastages!

1tigger

• Nothing like a Jitterbug in the dark !!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2007, 04:31 PM »
I dont think there in yet.Usualy right after the perch stop spawning the bullhead bite picks up. So shouldnt be long maybe another week or 2 here. With this warm weather and rain im hoping its soon. Im dying to get out there and catch those ugly bastages!
Me too , I got all kinds of smelly crap to toss at them and lure their taste buds with !

crappie78

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I saw guys fishing for them on I-bay the other night.  I don't know if they were getting any.

holedigger

« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2007, 04:33 AM »
took a ride with son by long pond and crambo late night 3/26 and watched 2 gents and they were doing very well watched for about 15 minutes and they pulled in 5  of those ugly creatures .this was on long pond . there wasn't anybody on crambo .
                                                      ( don )
                                                 holedigger
bad day fishing is better than a good day of work

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 27, 2007, 06:47 AM »
We catch bullheads while jigging for perch . Catch them on hali-jigs tipped with spikes.

scipiohillbilly

• If you don't fish I don't want to know you
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2007, 07:15 AM »
Went by Free Bridge on the Seneca river on Sunday there were about 8 cars there probably fishing for those little wiskers. The only ones I've caught there have been little black bullhead. I wouldn't waste my time. The big lake bullies should be coming in any time now.
-Hillbilly-

pyle

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2007, 11:25 AM »
Well holedigger you convinced me into going tonight....Just dug up about 3 dozen nightcrawlers in my yard and bought some leetches.....so i'll let ya know how i did.

HOSS

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2007, 11:57 AM »
got a good supply of crawlers last night, real easy pickins after all that rain.  looking to get out to the north end of cayuga this weekend and see whats happening

fingerlaker

• If it smells good->Eat It !!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Just checked north end of conesus....not quite ready yet...still iced over but it should disappear any second ;D....south end near the inlet is open..didn't see anyone fishing for gills, I do wonder though...if the north end still isnt fishable this weekend i will make an attempt on the south end-->very anxious to get out......PS...the pike are running heavy up the inlet...some real slobs in there :o

pyle

« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2007, 09:07 PM »
Fished Long Pond tonight only got 2 bulls....little guys. But there comin any day now

bearduke

« Reply #11 on: Mar 28, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Just put the ice gear away after Saturday on Oneida so as soon as the ice is out I'll be after them

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2007, 02:24 PM »
There in a small trib of a lake I know. Some fish nothing hot en heavy.
Internet heros give it a rest!

ShaneO19

« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Fished Cayuga tonight. Got 10 bullheads, a carp, and a silver bass. Was actually better than I thought with the water being so cold yet.

cnypanfisher

« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2007, 05:58 AM »
Heard they were getting bullheads in Wright's marina in Oswego, acording to the guy at the bait shop. My friend from Fulton has been going all week every night as well, no report from him yet, so they probably are  just hit-n-miss.

cnypanfisher

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.