FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullheads !  (Read 14576 times)

hawkeye31

Re: Bullheads !
« Reply #15 on: Mar 31, 2007, 06:35 AM »
just can't wait for my bay to open up on oneida. should be soon, so i have to wait.

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #16 on: Mar 31, 2007, 07:53 AM »
Checked the pond out yesterday and there was still a bit of ice at the inlet to the creek but the crappie/gill hole has no ice around it but only got a few perch
EAT, SLEEP, FISH, REPEAT.. I FISH THEREFORE I AM!!  In search of Hedy Mogin steelhead & Browns from Black River west to Ohio catch and realease!! Always lookin for panfish for the freezer!!  Take a kid fishing, it will make him smile and you proud your passing on a great sport!!!!

jml51slu

« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Anyone know any good spots in the capital district?  I live in schenectady county, but I'm not from around here.  I know I can catch em in the mohawk, but I'd really like to be able to eat a few.  Any tips would be appreciated. 

venisonman

« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Try Saratoga Lake, Lake Pleasant and Fish creek
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

ELMER ROSS

« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2007, 10:44 AM »
THEIR BITEING AT THE NORTH END,AND THE SOUTH END CHANNELL.BUCKETS ARE BEING FILLED EVERY NIGHT.

snaggerr

• Do what you have to!!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Went for heads last night no bullhead but nice perch .
Since there is six times as much water as there is land any man can plainly see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times as much as he works-

ELMER ROSS

« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Where did you fish at snagger?

gunner

« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2007, 03:42 PM »
Heard they were getting bullheads in Wright's marina in Oswego, acording to the guy at the bait shop. My friend from Fulton has been going all week every night as well, no report from him yet, so they probably are  just hit-n-miss.

cnypanfisher
  Just got onto this site for the 1st time this year.  Fished Wright's a bit last year---had a ball!! Met some nice fellow fisherman--shared a few stories,etc.  I went again a week or so later and ended up picking up a ton of trash.  I hope that a few anglers don't ruin it for the rest of us this year.  Gunner

snaggerr

• Do what you have to!!
« Reply #23 on: Apr 04, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Where did you fish at snagger?
Delta lake.Went again last night some heads and perch lot of fisherman.
Since there is six times as much water as there is land any man can plainly see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times as much as he works-

epolitza

• I love her... but I love to fish...
« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2007, 01:37 PM »
they were hitting them hard the night before the full moon, but when I was out there Monday they were very slow.  I am hoping to get back out before the weather gets too miserable.

Fish Junkie ;)

gunner

« Reply #25 on: Apr 04, 2007, 10:49 PM »
Hey Epolitza---I grew up in Palmyra.  Many years ago!!!!  Not so much for the bullheads,but my dad and I would nail the crappies just below the lock's lower gates.  Didn't do to bad on the walleye on the little piece of land right next to the power-house where the water flows/rushes out.  If you walk over the tron bridge towards the upper lock house---we would cast a bucktail jig and do a number on the bass.  If you haven't tried these spots----have fun!!!

doctariAFC

« Reply #26 on: Apr 05, 2007, 08:24 AM »
For those who like bullies, I have received reports that Dunkirk Harbor is loaded with them.  Best bite is dusk through 11 PM.  Crawlers and minnows are taking them.
"Beer is the living proof God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

ELMER ROSS

« Reply #27 on: Apr 05, 2007, 11:09 AM »
This cold front will probably slow the spawn down,and the bite.

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #28 on: Apr 05, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Snowing like crazy at my house and windy as hell!  This could push things back I would think,  Either make ice or melt it for us.LOL
EAT, SLEEP, FISH, REPEAT.. I FISH THEREFORE I AM!!  In search of Hedy Mogin steelhead & Browns from Black River west to Ohio catch and realease!! Always lookin for panfish for the freezer!!  Take a kid fishing, it will make him smile and you proud your passing on a great sport!!!!

gunner

« Reply #29 on: Apr 05, 2007, 11:34 AM »
  Go figure,just getting ready to get into some bullhead fishing,and the snow comes back.  If I go out this weekend,I'll post if something is cooking! I'll try in the Oswego area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.