FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418715 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: SALMON RIVER SPRING STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2009, 02:25 PM »
With the river going up, should ignite a good bite under floats this weekend if it does'nt get too crowded from the warm weather coming. I'll be thinking you guys when I'm sitting on Oneida!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

gatorman

« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2009, 06:27 PM »
With the river going up, should ignite a good bite under floats this weekend if it does'nt get too crowded from the warm weather coming. I'll be thinking you guys when I'm sitting on Oneida!
it's me snagger lke the post see on sunday. fish on let me now how you and me sister do at oneida.
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work

bunker killer

« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2009, 08:06 AM »
Hey Shane, The Mayor is listening to you so watch out.
  where would you recommend fishing for steelhead in April?

SNAGGER

« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2009, 12:46 PM »
River update:[/b]

Over the weekend the guys did pretty good on jigs under floats between schoolhouse and the next long hole below the 2nd wires. Starting to pick a few up on pink sacs in the runs. A couple nice browns were landed over the weekend too! River still ok after all that monster rain we got, Orwell and trout brook are wide open and flowing good. No ice left, but not flooding either(snowpack absorbed alot of the rain)!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:59 PM »
hey i finally made here !!!! the fishing on the river was good this week should only get better with the high water i hope it goes up some more the fish should really like the floats with the "killer bead" under it .
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2009, 11:10 PM »
You finally made it over here, but you found the wrong thread! This is a STEELHEAD thread not SHEAPSHEAD!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #21 on: Mar 08, 2009, 11:12 PM »
thanks buddy it's nice to feel loved!!!
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #22 on: Mar 08, 2009, 11:17 PM »
thanks buddy it's nice to feel loved!!!
Are you fishing the river tomorrow in the boat, I'm going to try to get on Oneida without getting myself killed for some late season perch & waldo's!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #23 on: Mar 09, 2009, 12:53 PM »
We bought silver plated jig heads at All Seasons Sports in pulaski and used a pink permanent marker.
O.K. SNAGGER I moved from the hardwater site, Now please get me on the steelies. LOL ;D--KingPerch
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #24 on: Mar 09, 2009, 09:45 PM »
O.K. SNAGGER I moved from the hardwater site, Now please get me on the steelies. LOL ;D--KingPerch
Schoolhouse hole in altmar they are getting them on the bead rig and black maribu jigs under floats. I had a guy from the lodge up in the fly zone yesterday who said he crushed them! Plain worms or pink power worm under a float in the hole below the second set of wires has been good too. Creeks still too cold from snowmelt for any real amount of fish yet!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

lpv89

« Reply #25 on: Mar 09, 2009, 11:17 PM »
creeks over here in the west all blown the freak out!  :'(

and i just got fired from my job for a b.s. reason!

me and my shift manager got blamed for vandalism and we were no where near the store when it happened matter of fact i live in lockport!

we were on our way to cheektowaga to cheek out a erie trib to see if it was fishable!

messed up stuff right

Fish on!!!!!!!! When i get that big one the world will know.

SNAGGER

« Reply #26 on: Mar 10, 2009, 05:22 AM »
Sorry to here about your job, so far are creeks are high, but not blown out, still got snow!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch

« Reply #27 on: Mar 10, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Schoolhouse hole in altmar they are getting them on the bead rig and black maribu jigs under floats. I had a guy from the lodge up in the fly zone yesterday who said he crushed them! Plain worms or pink power worm under a float in the hole below the second set of wires has been good too. Creeks still too cold from snowmelt for any real amount of fish yet!
Thanks for the update, I'll be giving you a call soon, I recieved your PM, Thanks :)--KingPerch
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

jersey dave

« Reply #28 on: Mar 10, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Hey Snagger Jersey Dave is here now. Give me a call and let me know who the people I know are. Who is the mayor? What is the time line for the creeks to check off and warm up a bit. Looks like I can make it up there around March 23rd or March 27th what do you think would be better? Also did you order my new 10 weight yet? I will be thinking about you guys when I am down in Florida for the next five days playin 36 holes a day in the sun. FISH ON FELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jersey Dave

dwaytkus

• Hudson Falls, NY
« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2009, 09:01 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good guide for steelhead or browns in the river?  Looking for shore fishing or a drift boat.  A website would be great.

Thanks.
Dan
Oh Lord,
There he is.
Feels like a big one.
Please don’t let me lose him.
I’ve never caught one this big before.
I’ll try not to horse him.
And if I land him I promise to release him
And make a graphite replica...
If my wife says it’s okay.
Thank you for the Rapalas.