FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418718 times)

jersey dave

Re: SALMON RIVER SPRING STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #30 on: Mar 10, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Snagger put the guy lookin 4 a guide in touch with mark do you need a lodge to stay at too buddy
Jersey Dave

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 10, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good guide for steelhead or browns in the river?  Looking for shore fishing or a drift boat.  A website would be great.

Thanks.
Dan
Hey Dan, give snagger a call or email he can put you in touch we me if you want to go and give some time frame i am starting to fill up i am well known on the river thanks MARK
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

northwoods

« Reply #32 on: Mar 10, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Snagger put the guy lookin 4 a guide in touch with mark do you need a lodge to stay at too buddy
Hey Dave thanks for looking out for me talk to you soon Snagger must be in bed or drying off from dodging holes in the ice he was out all day i think

jersey dave

« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2009, 10:35 PM »
No problem mark didn't know that was u I just got on this site today how's things the creeks ready yet
Jersey Dave

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2009, 10:53 PM »
No problem mark didn't know that was u I just got on this site today how's things the creeks ready yet
Hey dave I'm still ice fishing, but 37 degree rain and snowmelt is not a good combo for major runs in the creeks. Sure a few will trickle in but it's got to get warmer before anything major happens in the eastern basin!Could be a different story out west!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

Re: SALMON RIVER SPRING 09 STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:11 PM »
 RIVER UPDATE; Just took a ride and the river is up a little more(1800 cfs plus runoff) Getting hard for the bank angler to find fishable water but there's some left up here in altmar. Looks like good float fishing water from ellis cove up to schoolhouse hole. Orwell creek is bank full but not flooding( not really that dirty) There's bare spots starting to show in the fields finally after all this rain. Maybe NORTHWOODS will post how the fishing was today, as there's not many people in the area to talk too!The big Sandies must be pretty high today!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

dwaytkus

• Hudson Falls, NY
« Reply #36 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:45 PM »
Northwoods you got a website address that I can check out?
Oh Lord,
There he is.
Feels like a big one.
Please don’t let me lose him.
I’ve never caught one this big before.
I’ll try not to horse him.
And if I land him I promise to release him
And make a graphite replica...
If my wife says it’s okay.
Thank you for the Rapalas.
Amen.

SNAGGER

« Reply #37 on: Mar 12, 2009, 03:28 PM »
RIVER UPDATE: She's now running a little off color, which means the water temp will be a little bit colder due to snowmelt for a few days til the next warm up. A friend of mine was down there most of the day. Til noon it was real slow, but had 7 on and landed 1, from noon til 4 pm. River still at 1800 and Orwell creek is still high , but dropping fast!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

northwoods

« Reply #38 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:44 PM »
sorry i don't yet it is in the works

northwoods

« Reply #39 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:49 PM »
i will be on the river tomorrow and try to see if i could find were they are living 1800 is my favorite flow going to try your new thing snagger !!! plugs are coming out !!! can't wait for the first crack down i'll try to get some video

SNAGGER

« Reply #40 on: Mar 14, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Hey Northwoods did you fish the river today?, I was on the ice!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #41 on: Mar 14, 2009, 09:21 PM »

WWW.SALMONRIVERGUIDE.COM

He's on here as Gottum.  Most highly recommended guide in Pulaski!!

SNAGGER

« Reply #42 on: Mar 15, 2009, 12:09 PM »
WWW.SALMONRIVERGUIDE.COM

He's on here as Gottum.  Most highly recommended guide in Pulaski!!
I used to have a close friend of mine who recently past away( I miss that old boy) who used to fish with gottem.He really enjoyed fishing with gottem.There are alot of guides on this river, I know a handful of very good ones! I personally don't know him that well, but I know he likes to take alot of pictures! Do your research from past clients from different guides and I'm sure you will find a good one!     GOOD LUCK dwatkus!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

SNAGGER

« Reply #43 on: Mar 15, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Weekend River Update: With the water running high and cold, hook up numbers were lower than of late, unless you were on a boat. I talked to a few guides who said float fishing was spotty, but good. One of my friend's said there's some fish spawning in the back diversions of the main river now with this strong March sun. Same as winter, best times the fish have been biting is 10am til 4pm, the warmest part of the day. when the water temp warms up a little, they will start biting better towards daybreak! Heard there starting to get a few in orwell and the big Sandie's. Still got some guys out there, will give another update soon!  FISH ON!          ;D ;D    snagger      ;D ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Issiah

« Reply #44 on: Mar 15, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Looks like Warmer weather is on the way!   I saw 50 degree days for the next few days.  Good by Ice; hello River.  Sure is great fishing the River for the 1st time in spring with just a light sweat shirt, no gloves and plenty of feeling in the extremeties & Sinking in mudholes up to your waist....LOL....Look forward to it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.