FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread  (Read 418897 times)

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
Re: 09 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1695 on: Sep 28, 2009, 12:30 PM »
40 plus inch male!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

justfishin

« Reply #1696 on: Sep 28, 2009, 01:06 PM »
Way to go guys. I am gonna try to get up there with a friend who has never caught a salmon b4. How are you guys getting them? Sacks, lures, flies? Also a quick update on the rules wouldn't be bad. I'll look them up and see if I can figure them out. Thanx a lot. 

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1697 on: Sep 28, 2009, 01:10 PM »
  NICE JOB CARPIE! Kid in background is hooked up too, doesn't look crowded either!  :D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1698 on: Sep 28, 2009, 01:22 PM »
hey snagger, do you hear any reports from the pulaski area? Thats probably where we will do most of our fishin cause thats the only couple spots we know to get away from HUGE crowds. Thanks alot for the constant updates and any info you may be able to give me.  ;D
The Ball Park, Staircase and LB are in pulaski. They are all spots in the rapids when the fish are on the move( generally evenings or early am, unless a good run, then it lasts all day) I watched the kids on the high wall in town wacking them pretty good with there noodle rods yesterday evening before this new run got up that way!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #1699 on: Sep 28, 2009, 01:43 PM »
IM OUTTA HERE!!!!   ;D
See ya in a few!

You are a salmon fanatical,good luck but with your professed skills ya prolly wont need it!!!! ;D

fishingjason

« Reply #1700 on: Sep 28, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Yesterday late afternoon/evening was great at the ballpark area and this morning was even better. I don't remember the last time the fishing was as good as it was this morning. Tons of Kings and a few cohos. Pretty good size kings too.
Please pick up any trash, line and coffee cups. The river is already getting loaded up with debri. I picked up probably 20 or more Coffee cups today in a matter of a couple hundred feet.

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #1701 on: Sep 28, 2009, 02:15 PM »
Yes the kid in the background did land a female king Sangger.
I was 6 for 20 this morning. I got two Coho's both males and the rest where kings.
I guess the run is on... Here comes the the business for you..
Ready for some Steel in my book! I have a ton of Salmon for smoking want some fresh steelhead!

Fish ran good and heavy from 7am-9:30am. Everybody was hooking up in that time frame. From bend to bend on the river fish on ropes! It got really crowed by 9am and the fish started to hold up in deeper pools,still moving but slower. Should be good in Pineville and and Altmar in the am tomorrow!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

KingPerch

« Reply #1702 on: Sep 28, 2009, 02:22 PM »
Snagger, Here's that rain you've been waiting for!!! Should force a great run after the storm!! Catch Ya later!!--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishingjason

« Reply #1703 on: Sep 28, 2009, 03:32 PM »
Nice fish carppie! I recognize you and your hat.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1704 on: Sep 28, 2009, 03:33 PM »
hey crappie  put a  fresh steelie in that smoker   you won't be  disappointed :)
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

wiredstone

« Reply #1705 on: Sep 28, 2009, 04:27 PM »
wooo fish on. Never mind

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #1706 on: Sep 28, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I got a 39 incher in 1998. This thing that I got today was a horse!! I gave it to a group of guys NH. I was just awe struck looking at it in the water, by far my best to date! Salmon that is... ;D

I have a 33 and a half inch Brown on the wall and a 35 and a half inch Steelie.

C-ya up there in the Am!! I am bringing up a Salmon virgin!! We have to not be so hard on him boys..

Carppie,OUT!

P.S. Sangger, Where is your shop?? Might stop in with the big Virgin...

fishman

« Reply #1707 on: Sep 28, 2009, 05:27 PM »
i knew a run would come when i was away.  up in the adks for the weekend, it was wet and cold and caught almost no fish.  not the most fun.  hope there's another run this weekend.  have fun
fishman
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #1708 on: Sep 28, 2009, 05:29 PM »
Here are some old pictures from the past..lol..
I look dorkey... :P

The guy in the Wheelchair landed these two fish in the LB part of the river in 97.
Me and King was Dec 18 1996...

fishman

« Reply #1709 on: Sep 28, 2009, 05:30 PM »
40 plus inch male!
roughly what does a 40 inch salmon weigh?
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\\\\\\\'d be a shortage of fishing poles

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.