FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: boat trailer  (Read 2545 times)

joshjj2010

boat trailer
« on: Mar 21, 2012, 06:46 PM »
So im goin to pick up a aluminum 14ft boat this weekend. Im looking for a trailer for it any sugestions

Ice Beard

Re: boat trailer
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2012, 10:12 PM »
There is small boat trailer from Northern Tool that might work.  I have been thinking about getting this model for a little ten foot aluminum boat I have.  The price is $459.00...as far as the quality of the trailer...well, I suspect you are getting what you pay for.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_1063_1063

Cheers,
Ice Beard
Charter Member of Team Ice Muffin: (2012 - Present)
Team Ice Beard: (2011 - Present)
Faculty Advisor: Alfred State Anglers (2006 - 2009)

joshjj2010

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2012, 01:58 AM »
Ive seen that one. I mean i dont care if its new or not looking for a cheap

Trakndwg

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2012, 06:26 AM »
So im goin to pick up a aluminum 14ft boat this weekend. Im looking for a trailer for it any sugestions
Good luck with that! I had to replace mine with a roller trailor last year. My old trailor sold on Craigs List in 24 hours for my asking price. The guy who bought it drove nearly 100 miles each way for it. I had to put word out to 2 or 3 marinas to be on the look out for a used roller trailor. It took all summer but eventually Smith Boys found one for me at Trident. I ended up with a good used roller trailor for about 1/3 the cost of a new one. The moral to the story is; used boat trailors are in short supply. They can be found but it will take some hunting. Watch Craig's list and check with your area marinas. Good luck.
"All fishermen are liars. If they tell you they are not liars they are lying to you." --Paul Herbert (Tuna.com)

Munson

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2012, 06:47 AM »
  Like Trakndwg said, small boat trailers disappear in the blink of an eye.   I was lucky enough to find one shortly after moving to the CNY area but it took some searching.    I drove 60 miles south of Syracuse for mine.

Here's something that might work for you.  Trailer looks pretty good !

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/boa/2913330836.html

missfishy

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2012, 09:58 AM »
hey don't any of you guys know how to weld ? harbor frieght tools or the tractor supply store  for the tires, springs, wires and lights and your nearest steel supplier say......steel treaters. you should look into the cost bet you could make some money on the side doing this

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2012, 10:19 AM »
hey don't any of you guys know how to weld ? harbor frieght tools or the tractor supply store  for the tires, springs, wires and lights and your nearest steel supplier say......steel treaters. you should look into the cost bet you could make some money on the side doing this

Most people can weld, its the lack of owning a welder that tends to hold us back.

BIGJim223

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2012, 04:38 PM »
Here's one in Marcy that is real nice:

http://utica.craigslist.org/boa/2915258878.html

BIGJim223

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.