FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084029 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« on: Jan 05, 2011, 02:58 PM »
            Happy New Year everybody !!!!   What a year it was last year.. Low waters, Epic River changing Floods , big steelhead and even bigger Salmon ...  Great Salmon runs , and for the third year in arow tons of steelhead from September through May.  You name it and we had it...Hope everyone enjoyed the first 2 threads and maybe picked up a few tips and timed a few runs or just laughed a little. I Look forward to hearing everybodies fishing reports or stories or just some BS from the Salmon River and surrounding areas this year.
           Please feel free to posts pictures, I think everyone on MFF enjoys looking at pictures of our area. I hope everybody has another great season..   Shane M.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Happy New Year every one!!!  See ya in a few weeks Snagger looking forward to the new thread and a new season.  ;)

fishermantim4

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:35 PM »
ill be up on friday, and well trying to sleep is rough i feel like a little kid before christmas getting to come up and finally fish it. i been thinking of coming up for two years and finally got the groin to plan it this year. im super excited
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

SNAGGER

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2011, 03:36 AM »

Picked up  7 inches of snow Monday and 6 inches on Tuesday, before that we had bare ground...09 degrees outside up here this morning, probably a little slush on the lower River this morning..  
           That big Lake Effect snow Squall stayed south again, some parts just south of here have recieved over 30 inches in 2 days, the Tug Hill just keeps getting robbed this year, I hope the weather pattern changes, we could use some snow, it's already January 6th and less than 10 inches on the ground...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:51 AM »
Got a float trip with SEADUCTION and floatfisher tomorrow... Will post pic's if the fish agree to it!! ;)
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Happy new year!!!!  It was an ecellent year last year...  Didnt get much steelhead fishing in last year cuz of my new obsession with the ICE  Tryin to get up there a little more b4 spring...   Been up twice in the past 2 weeks did nt get much results though...  Brought 2 new people to the river  and did get one of them 2 land a nice 10lbs.  I think he is addicted keeps wanting to go back up.  Good luck
Fish fear me!

Mefishin247

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Fished upper and mid river yesterday with 2 friends that never went up before; slow day for us. Apparently the morning bite upper river was on fire from reliable sources, but we got up there late.

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Floated from Altmar to Pineville Yesterday.. Landed 7 fish out of 8 for the day.. Not to bad for Jan.. A mix of flys and beads and Sacs. The fish are there it just getting them to commit for the bite. Over all, the fishing is great, you can't slam them all the time. ;D :whistling:
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Floated from Altmar to Pineville Yesterday.. Landed 7 fish out of 8 for the day.. Not to bad for Jan.. A mix of flys and beads and Sacs. The fish are there it just getting them to commit for the bite. Over all, the fishing is great, you can't slam them all the time. ;D :whistling:

It's called the early winter Funk!!!!!  Need a fresh punch of water to make them hungry again or an extreme cold period to give the river a people break like the old days!!  Sounds like a good day for this time of year though, thanks for the report Frank!!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

GetBent

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2011, 12:20 PM »
  :afro:

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Well I fished today lower in the River.. I did 4 for 6 I will post pictures after dinner...

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Well I fished today lower in the River.. I did 4 for 6 I will post pictures after dinner...

esox v

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:13 PM »
      It's called the early winter Funk!!!!!  Need a fresh punch of water to make them hungry again or an extreme cold period to give the river a people break like the old days!!  Sounds like a good day for this time of year though, thanks for the report Frank!!!! ;D
I thought it was because the Steelhead lost their teeth this time of year. :unsure: :unsure: ;D ;D

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Still some silver bullets in the low down Frank.. you get into any of them?? Do they Brawl or what !!! Way better than them dark recycled ones up top !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:35 AM »
Still some silver bullets in the low down Frank.. you get into any of them?? Do they Brawl or what !!! Way better than them dark recycled ones up top !!
Three Chromers on, two to the shore.... We got some new water to look at the next time Esoxv... NOBODY THERE..Humm.. ;) ;) ;) ;) There is some birght fish up top but turning fast...lol..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.