FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: diseased eyes?  (Read 1006 times)

ericmic1

diseased eyes?
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:26 PM »
Went to Conesus for a week and a couple of the walleyes we filleted had a bunch of yellow/orangish rough blotches in the meat. 

I couldnt take a pic as i ended up soaking my phone/camera while cleaning the table.

Anyone have an idea what that might have been?  I couldnt find any thing about it.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
Re: diseased eyes?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Went to Conesus for a week and a couple of the walleyes we filleted had a bunch of yellow/orangish rough blotches in the meat.  

I couldnt take a pic as i ended up soaking my phone/camera while cleaning the table.

Anyone have an idea what that might have been?  I couldnt find any thing about it.
more then likely from spawning 8)

ecolt14527

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:13 PM »
ericmic 1: anytime you have a question like that, best advice is to call Avon DEC at 585-226-2466 and ask for fisheries. You get to talk to the staff that monitor that lake all the time !! JTP

ericmic1

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Thank eco,

I did call, the staff responsible for Conesus wasnt avail and the guy I talked to thought it might have been parasites, but hadn't heard of anything going on at Conesus.  And since i didnt have a picture its hard to tell.  I am going to email the person he gave me to describe the symptoms who can maybe shed some light on it.

Conesuspikecatcher

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 08:12 AM »
I have seen a yellowish orange tint to walleye meat when they primarally feed on alewife. It has to do with the oillyness of those d**n alewife.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.