FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: open water?  (Read 1887 times)

rico

• Give me some lovin'
open water?
« on: Mar 02, 2005, 06:26 PM »
well men just curious...who out there goes for "land fish".  for me as soon as the ice goes off it is time to get ready for mushroom season.  my boat doesnt hit the water until the middle of june...unless of course it is 70 degrees up here at the end of march... :-\

reubenpa

Re: open water?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2005, 06:55 PM »
I am going to open water tomorrow. I live in NY and one lake never freezes.  I love both open and hard water so ass soon as the ice is off I am fishing. Sometiems thats when the fishigns the best. My fishing slowed down BADly last june
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

daffydone

« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2005, 08:19 AM »
most of my best fishing is in the spring and fall, I still fish alot in the hot summer months, but I have my best luck in spring and fall.

Carp

• Nothings better than father & son fishing together
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2005, 07:58 AM »
Hey Rico,
I too love to hunt the those funky looking fungus.  Hope I have a better year this year than last though.  Do you do the Sheepheads in the fall as well.
As far as the fishing, I certainly am not a fair wheather fisherman.  Just like on the Ice, on open water I will fish in just about any condition if I hear the fish are on.  I have been fishing on the big lake and down at the dams when I have had to put my rod guides in my mouth to thaw the ice.

Fish on!!
Carp

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2005, 05:18 PM »
no sheepheads...too busy with work and helping my Dad with getting his crop in at that time of year...still on the ice here!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.