FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mississinewa Lake  (Read 2054 times)

weidner21

Mississinewa Lake
« on: Mar 10, 2005, 07:55 AM »
i use to catch alot of big crappie out of Mississinewa Lake but ever since they dropped the water i haven't been able to catch much. has anyone had any luck there in the past few yrs

livin4ice

Re: Mississinewa Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2005, 04:21 PM »
For those that haven't been there for a while, they had a problem with the dam and had to drop the water level to winter pool a few years ago.  They have completed repairs on the dam and will be raising the water back up this spring.  Since the water was down there have been a LOT of small trees and weed growth where the water used to be.  With the water back up there will be tons of cover and structure for the crappie (and other species).  I am hoping that this will help bring the crappie population back up to normal or better.  This has always been a great crappie lake and I know for a fact that there is still a strong crappie population there.

Mike

sell

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2005, 02:10 AM »
Hey Guys, Never fished Miss. but always wanted to, could you point me in the right direction as far as where to start?   Thanx in advance   RS

bronzback

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2005, 07:19 AM »
I've never fished this reservoir either.  The structure looks good everytime I go over the bridge and look into the "canyon".  LOL  I heard they will bring it up to pool this year, hope so for those who already have tournaments scheduled for Mississinewa.  Where did all the fish go when they lowed the level?  Did they go up stream?  I had this conversation with another individual a couple months ago.  I'm not from that area but its within a couple of hours of me.  I believe it is south of Wabash isn't it?  I could be wrong.

YR bender

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2005, 12:30 PM »
When the lake was down, I went with a buddy and we launched at Red Bridge ( it was only one of two launches available ) from there we went west immediately along that shore line. It is covered with stumps at different depths. We caught fish from 15 fow on the bottom up to 3 fow on the bottom. The fish held tight to structure and we used 2" tube jigs tipped with a minnow or just a minnow by itself on a drop shot rig. We ended up with 28 fish-most 11". A few were bigger. The smaller ones we threw back and we caught probably 25 of those also. I hope this helps, good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.