FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CARP BAIT  (Read 1005 times)

abishop

CARP BAIT
« on: Aug 04, 2012, 10:22 PM »
WHO HAS THEIR OWN CONCOCTION OF THE MIGHTY DOUGHBALL. CARE TO SHARE YOUR SPECIAL RECIPIE? I USED TO MAKE THEM AS A KID BUT DON'T REMEMBER THE RECIPIE. THINK WE USED OATMEAL, FLOUR, CORNMEAL, AND HONEY. THEY SMELLED GOOD. USED TO BRING IN 20-30 POUNDERS FROM CEDAR LAKE AND LAKE DALE BACK IN THE 60'S. MEMORY ISN'T ALL THERE ANYMORE.

Boomer

Re: CARP BAIT
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2012, 11:53 PM »
The "breakfast of champions." Take a handful of Wheaties and crush it in your hand. Place in water and mix until you get a sticky doughball. Smash around hook. If it is a bad day - eat the Wheaties.  (On a side note: A local bait shop stocked Wheaties at one time and was told it could not sell it for some reason. Rumor had it that the parent compny that makes Wheaties found out. Couldn't see why they would complain - ever fight one of those fish??? They fight like a champion to me.

HILLBILLY FISSSHER

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2012, 06:09 AM »
  loaf of bread , peanut butter , vanilla, garlic and anise seeds mixed all together .
Mix by hand till like dough .  Then put in fridge .  To firm up.

I use number 6 baitholder hook .  Pinch some off and form around hook.

Hope this helps .

Flattop

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Wheaties for me, I grew up fishing for carp almost everyday in the summer with my dad.  We would flyfish for panfish with poppers in the evening, then carp fish by lantern light or a fire into the night.  Those were the days.

Joe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.