FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: pike for a soldier  (Read 2599 times)

angola_guy

pike for a soldier
« on: Mar 31, 2005, 03:16 PM »
well my brother just got back from iraq and has 30 days of leave and he wants to go fishing for pike so i was wondering if anyone new where they were biting or where would be a good place to start i live in angola but but i am willing to travel up to about 4 hours in any way any help would be appreciated :laugh:

finfan

Re: pike for a soldier
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2005, 08:45 AM »
I would try Hamilton or Chapman lake near Warsaw.  These are the two best pike waters I know of within an hour of Ft. Wayne.  I don't know much about MI waters

rendo

« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2005, 09:21 AM »

Pike and walleye season closed in Michigan until last saturday April
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

terrieb80

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Angola guy.....you are located extremly close to some of the best Pike fishing the state has to offer.  Lets see.....where to start.......Hamilton............for starters....one of the best in NE Indiana.   Hard to troll with the weeds but tight lining live bait and casting should do.  I did not personally do it but I heard they were hitting big numbers around the new section on the west side during Ice fishing..........Don't forget Lake James chain. (Snow, Big Otter).  This is about the only time of year to hit them as the boat traffic gets out of hand in the summer.  I saw a big fatty come out of Golden last year.  Guy was trooling a spoonplug!!  Clear Lake, West Otter, SILVER, Hogback, Loon (Steuben), Fox, Crooked......and the list goes on and on and on......heck if you got a boat and an empty seat......I will join ya!!      Good Luck and tell the Soilder I said

"Thanks for his sacrafices for this wonderfull country!"

angola_guy

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2005, 06:48 PM »
thanks alot terrie and i do have a boat with an extra seat open so if ya wanna go give me a time and a place

terrieb80

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2005, 10:55 PM »
Well this weekend won't work for me.....going trout fishing with a friend up on Lake Michigan.  I will definitly take you up on your offer though.  Have any time in the evenings?  If not maybe next weekend!!  You can email me at [email protected]

angola_guy

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2005, 07:10 PM »
i am always free

bigbear54

« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Diamond and Lower Long in noble co. have some nice pike in them. Try the sand bar in the middle on diamond and the northern half on lower long.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.