FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: upper st. regis lake  (Read 3228 times)

2sammich

upper st. regis lake
« on: Jul 10, 2013, 06:35 AM »
Hey folks,
 I'm probably going camping at fish creek ponds in September.  I would like to put the boat in upper st. regis for a day or two, never been on this lake. I have just a 16' with a 40hp, but it sounds like it is a pain to dump the boat there, and that there are generally un-friendlies there. Is there a marina on the lake ? Is it easily navigable to get to lower st. regis, and spitfire lakes through the channels ? Sounds like pretty good bass fishing, I'd love to give it a shot. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
2sammich

cnyiceguy

Re: upper st. regis lake
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2013, 06:30 AM »
It will be an even bigger pain if you get caught, no motors allowed.  You need to do a little more research.

PSC13

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2013, 07:49 AM »
There are motors allowed on upper st regis there might be a hp restriction though just check on dec website The launch there isnt too bad it can get crowded if you get there later in the morning. Bass fishing can be great on spitfire and upper and lower st regis and they are all connected and naviatable from upper at regis.

cnyiceguy

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2013, 08:28 AM »
I needed to more research...not part of the "wilderness canoe area".  Go get um!

2sammich

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2013, 09:01 AM »
Yeah, I know the adk park pretty well.  I wouldn't think there is a hp limit, I would think the rich folk there have more hp than a 40.  It also doesn't mention any in the sportsmans connection book. I understand there to be a small "public" launch at the south end, what about parking for a small trailer ? There is no dec listed boat launch that I can find on upper st regis, except maybe a hand launch somewhere. I doubt it would be to crowded in mid to late September. Seems like a secretive place.
Any more info or comments ?

Thanks
2sammich

OTIS

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2013, 09:06 AM »
You should contact the ranger for that area.  They will be able to tell you the regulations and what's available.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

pikie

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2013, 06:22 AM »
There is a launch, its just very tight with limited parking.  I used to fish it with my 18ft all the time with a 70 hr on it.  If your going mid week, you'd probably be fine.  It is easy to get to lower from upper, just find a map and follow the channel markers.  You need to be good at backing your trailer since you often have to back in from 100 ft away or so.  My suggestion is to try it, and if things are too tight, be willing to try another place. 

potsdamn

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2016, 04:56 PM »
The launch is NOT a public motorboat launch. 

It is okay to use for canoes for the canoe carry but motorboats are not allowed.  I seen someone get in trouble.

There is a small launch area by Keeses Mill but fish are better elsewhere.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.