FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: salmon river  (Read 24108 times)

fishhead

Re: salmon river
« Reply #15 on: Sep 18, 2013, 06:17 PM »
thanks guys for reel reports and no bs

dimebrite

« Reply #16 on: Sep 18, 2013, 07:13 PM »
I wouldn't call the reports from the last month and a half bs... its been a good early season. Many fish have run.  Personally my salmon season lost its spark as it usually does around this time of year. Listen to camo fish as mid October hosts great mixxed bags of fish with some great numbers of trout if your lucky ;) good luck

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Sep 19, 2013, 06:30 AM »

no kiddig dimebrite it's been a great early season for lots of guys , I was up to AOF's place and saw many nice kings some up around 28lbs , and those fish came in the upper part of the river and there were fish taken in the lower part of the river also few more coho's done that way , some times you have to get away from the big holes where every gathers and start exploring , there has been lots of river to fish without a lot of people during the week there is tons of space ,to learn more of the river for some it might be a thought of hiring a drift trip to learn a whole lot that you might be missing out on , just a thought   

OTIS

« Reply #18 on: Sep 19, 2013, 07:18 AM »
to learn more of the river for some it might be a thought of hiring a drift trip to learn a whole lot that you might be missing out on , just a thought

GET THE NET!  8)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

ship of fools

« Reply #19 on: Sep 19, 2013, 07:23 AM »
I was at the hatchery yesterday .....  almost literally no fish there .... yet  ;D

aj454

« Reply #20 on: Sep 19, 2013, 07:59 AM »
THere is another thread here with tons of posts about the fish this year.
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=57289.0
seems like its a groupy kind of thread. you can ask questions and get answers but like you said they bs too much.

dmntd169

« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2013, 12:32 PM »
was up on Monday...found some fish everywhere we checked from top to down low but no huge #s anywhere...it slowed down where we started and we ended up with a popular hole to ourselves down low  ;D ;D
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2013, 07:23 PM »
I love the trustle.....

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #23 on: Sep 19, 2013, 07:26 PM »
I love the trustle.....
yea, a great spectator pool ...  :laugh:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #24 on: Sep 20, 2013, 02:07 AM »
I stopped at the trustle and watched a couple guys get into fish....then others starting casting at the fish he got into....I decided at that point I wasn't going to fish there

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #25 on: Sep 20, 2013, 06:32 PM »
I stopped at the trustle and watched a couple guys get into fish....then others starting casting at the fish he got into....I decided at that point I wasn't going to fish there
:w00t: :blink: yea, it's a crazy, easy access point, all the crazies like to tangle up there.  :wacko: :whistling:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 21, 2013, 01:07 AM »
I'm not one for shoulder to shoulder fishing. I like to wait till the salmon get into the creeks. I've never caught one but I had a easier time atleast hooking them that way.

fishhead

« Reply #27 on: Sep 21, 2013, 07:00 AM »
lol  keep trying you will get them.

filetandrelease

« Reply #28 on: Sep 21, 2013, 09:10 AM »
I fished over a 1/4 of a mile of river yesterday with only 6 guys in sight not many fish but enough to keep us entertained

danny b don't you have any buds that fish up here to show you the ropes ? the tribs are no place for practice , hooking up is easier than landing    

dps37x

« Reply #29 on: Sep 21, 2013, 09:11 AM »
yea i was at the trustle last weekend it was a zoo. well over 100 ppl. couldn't really even fight most of the fish bc ppl would immediately move into my spot if i moved. only landed 5. 2 good mouthhooked fish toward the end of the day. other 3 went back. hooked into more fish than i could keep track of but it got to the point where i would just keep my drag pretty tight and not bother chasing them down. Hooked into one that id say went close to 40 pounds that i would've been great to catch but..guy across the river kept casting and casting at it until he hooked my line. ppl were yelling for him to open his bail as i was going on 10 min of fighting it.. but he kept yanking it and yanking it until my line snapped finally. awfully discouraging watching ppl do that,especially with a trophy fish. needless to say..i need to do a little exploring i guess. watched a few guys that day that couldn't hook up so theyd just cast at peoples lines over and over. cant say id get any satisfaction catching someones fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.