FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513269 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4350 on: Jul 23, 2021, 01:41 PM »
There’s supposedly a variety called Igloo Garden Mums that are purported to be hardy to -30f. I can’t find any info on where to get them. I’d love to have some for my gardens. I’m gonna mulch the heck out of mine in hopes that it comes back next year. That pot had purple and white. Looks like the white survived.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4351 on: Jul 23, 2021, 02:33 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4352 on: Jul 23, 2021, 02:49 PM »
Just scored a composter on my way  to the beer store after work. 
The guy said $10. I said oh. And walked away.  He stopped me and said “ but if you want it I will take $5.. 8)

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mac Attack

« Reply #4353 on: Jul 23, 2021, 03:27 PM »
There’s supposedly a variety called Igloo Garden Mums that are purported to be hardy to -30f. I can’t find any info on where to get them. I’d love to have some for my gardens. I’m gonna mulch the heck out of mine in hopes that it comes back next year. That pot had purple and white. Looks like the white survived.

Growjoy.com
And do a search for “igloo mums”

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4354 on: Jul 23, 2021, 04:27 PM »
Nice score Dom

Did a quick search and went back to turning tops for the market.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4355 on: Jul 24, 2021, 02:11 PM »
Did a bunch of peppers this afternoon..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4356 on: Jul 24, 2021, 02:49 PM »
Looks great Dom.That’ll get you through some of the winter.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #4357 on: Jul 25, 2021, 06:31 AM »
Looks like quite the mixed bag of peppers. Those would be great in a breakfast casserole.

taxid

« Reply #4358 on: Jul 25, 2021, 06:56 AM »
Did a bunch of peppers this afternoon..

Those are nice! Ever have any issues with cross pollinating of them?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4359 on: Jul 25, 2021, 07:14 AM »
Looks like quite the mixed bag of peppers. Those would be great in a breakfast casserole.

That and lots of sausage and pepper sandwiches. ;)
 There’s 5 different kinds. Two sweet and 3 mild to hot.. 
 I don’t take time to separate them so I just mix them all together. Just enough kick.. Use sweet sausage and good to go.. 8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4360 on: Jul 25, 2021, 07:14 AM »
Those are nice! Ever have any issues with cross pollinating of them?

No..
Unless you are saving the seeds for next year..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4362 on: Jul 25, 2021, 02:16 PM »
A hot bell pepper might be good.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4363 on: Jul 25, 2021, 02:31 PM »
Ahhhhh..  1/2 hour left in this heat and I can shut the gates and go home and check my garden.   Don’t think we had enough rain this morning…… :P

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4364 on: Jul 25, 2021, 02:37 PM »
I had enough last night. Have to water tomorrow though I’m sure. Probably have to put some water on the course as well. Hard as that is to believe after almost 7” of rain last week. Not that it’s my decision or anything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.