FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sally and Missy Report  (Read 8855 times)

bigr

Sally and Missy Report
« on: Apr 03, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Water levels are now being brought back toward summer pool. Water color is muddy and rising quickly with a lot of rain expected this week. Cat fishing has been good using cut bait on bottom and I would expect that to continue even with the rising dirty water. Crappie fishing has been good in slack areas up river and that should only get better as the spawn gets closer and levels rise. Water color when fishing 12 inches deep using dark colors in slack areas where the fish are stacked doesn't make much difference. white bass are just starting to show themselves with little fish first. Action for white bass will pick up fast also with the rising water. I suggest night crawlers on bottom until water clears a bit then spinners and jigs. for those looking to get on the river with canoes or kayaks I suggest waiting a couple more weeks for the water flow and color to improve. The bite has just started and will last I think several weeks. I'll keep you all posted on river conditions and bite. Also the bite below the dam for crappie has been off and on depending on the discharge and area you fish. A few walleye mixed in. Good luck all.

Bobber Watcher

Re: Sally and Missy Report
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2017, 10:09 AM »
Thanks for the report. I appreciate it.

bherr24

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2017, 08:15 PM »
Thanks for the report from upriver bigr. I just got back from the spillway and brought home 20 fish. Most were about 11 inches had a few 12s and 1 at 13.  Was fishing when they dropped the water 2 feet and figured it would kill the bite. It deffinitely slowed it down and moved the fish but still picked away at em.

rivereddy

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Paid Missy a call Tuesday afternoon. I fished for about 2 1/2 hours and wound up with a couple of decent crappie and a small white bass
Peoria gauge said 800 cfs being released and the height was a tad over 3 feet.  The water was very muddy below the dam. Lots of shad in
the water as well

fish on,

rivereddy

kfishdoctor

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2017, 09:14 PM »
Thanks guys. Cant wait to get there! Hope things get right with mother nature soon.

bigr

« Reply #5 on: Apr 06, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Took advantage of a short window after work for some power fishing up the missinnawa river. I might have set a record. 25 crappie caught in 13 mins. Got to fish about 35 mins before lighting scared me off. Fish are really on the move now. Fish the slack areas with dark colors.

bherr24

« Reply #6 on: Apr 06, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Sounds like some great action. I need to get up that way when the weather and schedule allows. My best trip all year last year was upriver toward hogsback. Several 13 inch fish. Got to the point where me and my buddy were tossing back solid keepers due to the size of some we were catching. That was the first time we had fished up the river. The river looks like it has went up 4 foot or so overnight thanks to the rain.  The same program has been working downstream from the spillway.  Dark jigs or minnows fished a foot or 2 deep in slack water. I got 20 nice ones Monday and a dozen Tuesday. Also caught a really nice white bass on Tuesday.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Do you guys think the fishing will be decent this weekend?

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2017, 07:43 AM »
yes but you'll have to do alittle work to find slack areas with fish. Below the dam should also be good.

tomes1978

« Reply #9 on: Apr 07, 2017, 11:42 AM »
What is meant by "slack areas"?  Can I get a boat in tomorrow?  What is best bait to go after the crappies with this time of year?

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2017, 01:37 PM »
Black and green tube jigs under a Bobber and minnows

bherr24

« Reply #11 on: Apr 07, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Slack areas are just calmer pockets of water out of the main current. The water is up some now and the fish will stack in the calmer areas to get out of it. Im not sure about the boat question as ive never used a boat to fish over there. You can get one in the resi no problem though. I like to use double tube jigs on one line...always have one blk/chart and usually a pink/black or red/chart. Ive been using the darker color lately with the muddier water. I use mini tubes and if its not an agressive bite ill even cut some of the tail ends off of that.

tomes1978

« Reply #12 on: Apr 07, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Thanks guys!

bigr

« Reply #13 on: Apr 10, 2017, 08:46 AM »
I've not been to river in last few days but looking at corp site and seeing current level the hogs back area should be a good choice this week. Water in river is dropping and slowly clearing. Fish are in the area. for you boat fishermen all ramps should be usable now including Pearson mill. Watch for shallow areas if you travel upstream. Stay in river channel. Looks like we are going to have nice weather this week and into the Holiday weekend. Enjoy and remember the reason for the season.

Walleyechaser96

« Reply #14 on: Apr 10, 2017, 02:45 PM »
Went to the missy spillway yesterday morning bite was good until the raised the water. I left with 8 nice crappie. Did a lot of sorting and tho.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.