FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Boat Lift Canopy...very brief lake Erie report...  (Read 734 times)

LundProv

Good morning - I realize this is a bit off topic but would like to ask a question of my friends on this forum.  I have a Hewitt boat lift in the lake out back and am in need of a new canopy cover.  I am in Valparaiso and have heard unconfirmed rumors of an Amish company perhaps in the South Bend or at the least, to the east of me that fabricates boat lift canopy covers.  If anyone has any information regarding this, please share.  And to make this official, the crappies and bluegills will not stay out of the boat in the back yard.  I really do need to pay more attention to them but grandkids, office, church studies and landscape projects have skewed my priorities for now.  I certainly would not want the fish to think I am ignoring them.  I did make it over to Lake Erie with a friend to fish this past Tuesday and although we did not set the world on fire, we caught 5 nice 4-5 pound walleyes jigging out of Fenwick marine.  One ounce jigs/trailer hooks - black or purple bounced in cadance off the bottom was the technique we used and sometimes we put a minnow on and sometimes we did not.  Kind of a long day bouncing the bottom for 8 hours for 5 fish but when cleaning at the fish table at Fenwicks, no one really had done well that day.  Found a great path with avoiding the toll road in the sense that I took 30 to 469 around Fort Wayne to 24 to Toledo and then meandered to Fenwick.  I would think it added 15 minutes to my travel and I was able to stay off the toll road in Indiana and Ohio and avoid the tolls and crazy traffic.  Route 24 in eastern Indiana and Ohio is an excellent roadway.  I appreciate any leads on the canvas company.  Enjoy this day...

Teacherpreacher

Re: New Boat Lift Canopy...very brief lake Erie report...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2021, 07:49 AM »
Hey Lund Pro,
Sounds like you had a good trip to Ohio!
Bought my cover for 16' boat from The Canvas Shop in 2013. Gave info on this site a couple of times and guys that went there were pleased with work done and turn around speed, as was I.
Back in 2013 my cover with snaps and extra tie downs was $422.65 including tax. He makes covers for everything! semi's, boat lift canopy's, etc.

The Canvas Shop
Danny & Ruby Troyer
850 N taylor Dr.
Shipshewana, In 46565
(260) 768-7755

1. Toll Road to  Exit # 107 - (Middlebury-I think)?
2. I #13 south to Rt 120 east.
 3. Turn right onto I 5-S.
4. South to Village Dr.- Turn Left.
 5. First right onto Taylor Drive.
6. 850 Taylor Dr.-The canvas Shop. You'll see it.

PM me if you need more info .
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Lund,
Go to Canvas Shop- Gallery. Shows his work.
Teach

Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2021, 11:46 AM »
I dont remember the name but they were located in Merrillville or Crown Point, south of 30 cant remember if it was east or west or I-65. Knew a couple of guys who work there. I had a custom cover made for my boat with double fabric on stress areas and paid like 230. Probably 10 years ago, and still holding up fine. They also have made bags for carrying dozens of decoys and custom bags for 12 cork decoys. Very reasonable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.