FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A different spring  (Read 676 times)

rivereddy

A different spring
« on: May 06, 2021, 07:12 AM »
Well sirs,

The dogwood blossoms say it's crappie time so  I took my sweetie out in my little red boat on a local
resi to assess the situation. The crappies were everywhere and no where. The fish were scattered. We caught
some tight to the bank and others in 8' of water. Some males had normal coloration, others were showing their
best tuxedos. Tuesday we caught all males. Some were "ripe" and others had small gonads. Most of the fish
caught Wednesday evening were again males.  The two females taken were both "egged out" with large egg
sacs. The weather was as varied as the fishing.  Tuesday was the warmer of the two days with a strong southwest
 wind and intermittent showers.  Wednesday was a classic post front blow out - cooler with clear skies, a strong
northwest wind and whitecaps. If anything Wednesday offered better fishing. Go figure

We both fished with ultra lights and 1/16 oz ball head jigs with translucent silver mini paddletails.  No need for
crappie noogies.  Good numbers,  nice size.  Both trips we kept 5 cookie cutter 10' fish.  Oh yea, the squeeze told
me to report that she caught the 2 largest bass of the trip as well.

fish on, yes dear, fish off

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.