FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Umbagog  (Read 2295 times)

River_Hermit

Umbagog
« on: Jun 24, 2021, 07:04 AM »
Headed to Umbagog next week, planning on paddling out to one of the remote sites for a night or two. From what I have gathered, looks like smallies will be the predominant species. Maine.gov lists all kinds of fish in there, including lake trout, salmon and big dirty pike. Should I bother targeting any of these? Seems pretty shallow for any decent lakers or salmon. Wouldn't mind catching some pike though. Let's hear some thoughts.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Umbagog
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2021, 07:24 AM »
I've fished there quite a bit and never caught anything other than smallmouth. The last time I was there in June of 2019, I caught 50 of them before noon. Admittedly never targeted anything else.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2021, 09:27 AM »
You'll find largemouth in the southern end and smallmouth everywhere as well as yellows scattered about... Been fishing and camping it 20+ years, I've yet to boat a Pike or Trout. Make your way up the Magalloway river, the outside bends are gold. Good luck, it's a beautiful place.

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2021, 03:48 AM »
Hey guys I have a tournament there is two weeks can I pm you for some spots ..even though I grew up there I rarely fished the place and it was always up the rivers ..let me know .
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2021, 06:22 AM »
You'll find largemouth in the southern end and smallmouth everywhere as well as yellows scattered about... Been fishing and camping it 20+ years, I've yet to boat a Pike or Trout. Make your way up the Magalloway river, the outside bends are gold. Good luck, it's a beautiful place.

Yellows? What's that?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

AquaAssassin

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2021, 07:54 AM »
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2021, 08:00 AM »

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2021, 09:06 PM »
Perch

Shucks why didn't I think of that?!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

AquaAssassin

« Reply #8 on: Jun 25, 2021, 09:18 PM »
Shucks why didn't I think of that?!

I was thinkin you’d be all over that!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Hey guys I have a tournament there is two weeks can I pm you for some spots ..even though I grew up there I rarely fished the place and it was always up the rivers ..let me know .

We camped on the far northeast side/Maine side, and fished that whole shoreline. It's all rocky and what seems to be smallmouth heaven. The river was really good as well. Great fishing there!

jibbs

« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2021, 04:42 PM »
We had fun but finished in the middle of the pack..lots of bites but tons of 2 lb smallies and almost impossible to find the largemouth ..focused on the lower coves by the ramp ..loaded with vegetation but again lots of small fish ..didn’t find it to hard to travel around ..water is low though …heads up if you fish the magalloway you do need to pinch your barbs…right out of fish and games mouth ..they were checking licenses all weekend ..pleasure talking with them though
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.