FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Waneta's in Churubusco  (Read 1121 times)

RoeBoat

Waneta's in Churubusco
« on: Jul 07, 2021, 04:15 PM »
Going out of business sale started today.  Another one bites the dust!

PEARCHEYES

Re: Waneta's in Churubusco
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2021, 06:51 PM »
Pretty sad ,I always stopped there for just about anything but a few loyal customers can’t compeat with the Walmart’s.Live bait sales just can’t keep these small shops afloat.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2021, 08:51 PM »
Is this the one on 33 north of Busco?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tater140

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2021, 07:14 AM »
That's too bad.  I always stopped in there and bought from them when I could.  Always had a nice selection of bait and gear.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2021, 09:33 AM »
The Angler in Helmer seems to still be going strong. Must be doing something right.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2021, 09:37 AM »
I could easily produce all the bait minnows needed on my property (I have thousands of fathead minnow fry in one right now that I don't even have to feed), but being open long hours of the day doesn't appeal to me. And bait stores don't make their money on bait itself. We have a couple of Amish bait stores in my area that go by the honor system of self serve, but I know one of them got cleaned out of cash one day by somebody.

I had friends that opened a bait store in Avilla years ago and quickly found out it wasn't the panacea they thought it was.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2021, 09:40 AM »
I have a small pond full fatheads and NYS won’t let me transport them and use them…
Go figure…. :o
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2021, 09:44 AM »
I have a small pond full fatheads and NYS won’t let me transport them and use them…
Go figure…. :o

What's even crazier about that is VHS had never been found in the species. Their excuse is if they did have the disease it would easily be transported around.

If I sold any out of my pond I'd probably have to have a lot of 60 tested every year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.