FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any perch? Anywhere?  (Read 2242 times)

skinny40

Any perch? Anywhere?
« on: Jul 15, 2021, 10:15 PM »
Anybody find any perch on Erie? I'm not really a perch guy but my friend would like to try for them this weekend. Weather looks pretty bad for Saturday but hoping to get out on Sunday. I'd go as far as Keuka or seneca if I have to. Not looking for any gps coordinates just a port and a ballpark depth to start the search if anybody knows of a decent bite lately.

fishinjohn

Re: Any perch? Anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2021, 04:10 AM »
Anybody find any perch on Erie? I'm not really a perch guy but my friend would like to try for them this weekend. Weather looks pretty bad for Saturday but hoping to get out on Sunday. I'd go as far as Keuka or seneca if I have to. Not looking for any gps coordinates just a port and a ballpark depth to start the search if anybody knows of a decent bite lately.
If youre willing to drive to seneca, go just a little further east and fish onieda... jumbo perch and walleye

skinny40

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2021, 05:43 AM »
I've never actually fished Oneida.....that's a good enough reason to try it I guess. Where should I start my search. Big bay or Sylvan? And should I just search and only fish what I see on the graph or park over structure and pick at them as they come thru? Will I see schools on my graph or is it just small pods?

greensider

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Fish deep 50 feet pimple and pinch of worm like ice fishing

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2021, 10:23 AM »
While walleye fishing I have seen many perch schools out really deep off the Catt and off Dunkirk.
Like 75-85 FOW

Badbrad2186

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2021, 12:23 PM »
Sodus I'm not telling  you where but in the bay In spots you would never think to look and not as deep as you think either. 12-18 fow. All I'm saying but good luck if you go if you find them with my intel you will limit out on 9-12" perch.

CNYperchsearch

« Reply #6 on: Jul 17, 2021, 01:56 PM »
X2 on Sodus. I just spent a week there with my family and thought there wasn’t a perch in the bay over 4”. Then when I stopped by Davenport’s Bait at the bridge to get more bait, he suggested a spot to try. Went there the next morning and found them near where suggested and put several 10”+ in the live well.  Took my granddaughter there later that day and she was determined to top my total. She did, and it really made my day.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2021, 01:18 AM »
X2 on Sodus. I just spent a week there with my family and thought there wasn’t a perch in the bay over 4”. Then when I stopped by Davenport’s Bait at the bridge to get more bait, he suggested a spot to try. Went there the next morning and found them near where suggested and put several 10”+ in the live well.  Took my granddaughter there later that day and she was determined to top my total. She did, and it really made my day.

I'm gunna say you told you right about where we been fishing. I frequent Davenports. Donnie never steers me wrong

oneida1

« Reply #8 on: Jul 25, 2021, 10:36 AM »
not the best time of year for numbers of perch on oneida fall is when the perch bite is good

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2021, 02:57 PM »
We saw a ton of perch schools off Evangola in 72-75 FOW.
Huge schools - huge!!

Pequod1

« Reply #10 on: Jul 27, 2021, 04:50 AM »
I think I need help.  I love perch fishing way too much ;D.  Yesterday, out of Barcelona, I marked big schools of  either perch or smelt on the bottom in 80’.  More than likely perch because they were on the bottom and when I zoomed in, I could see individual marks even though I did have a walleye spit out a smelt.
Tomorrow, I’ll perch it again in one of the fingers. There are two areas that I target in most of the lakes I fish. One area is right on the slope of a drop off and the other area is real tight to shore.  I’ll use crabs up tight and plastic deeper.  Works for me.

mcully

« Reply #11 on: Jul 27, 2021, 06:12 AM »
I've been trolling flickershad in 25-35' w snap weights on a finger lake to catch bigger perch. Drop shot is getting them too but too many small fish. I'm an addict too. They were coughing up 1/2" long perch Sunday. Few more weeks and the 50' fish should set up on the next lake over.

Pequod1

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2021, 12:05 PM »
I should probably try that. What size flicker shad?  That is a good way to pick up other fish too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.