FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lots Of water Around Here.  (Read 4493 times)

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Lots Of water Around Here.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2021, 10:00 AM »
I thought this was pretty funny this morning.

One of the pros went out on #18 with a cart and tried to drive through 18” water on the cart path.
Looked like this yesterday morning.

Needless to say, the cart is still there.

Water is not a lot different today.

Rg

What was he trolling for?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2021, 11:03 AM »
Probably hawking golf balls.  :wacko:

My son just told me they set up the big water pump to try and help drain the retention pond. He described it as “a silly effort to try and drain a swamp”. About half of what’s there is below the level of the main pond.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Jul 19, 2021, 11:09 AM »
The retention pond is at the top. The main pond below.

The cart path sign is at the left end of the tree line along the road. That whole area is under water. Wish I had an aerial picture of it now.

May go back with my fly rod. He said there were carp swimming in the 18 th fairway.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2021, 11:13 AM »
Probably hawking golf balls.  :wacko:

My son just told me they set up the big water pump to try and help drain the retention pond. He described it as “a silly effort to try and drain a swamp”. About half of what’s there is below the level of the main pond.

I use a trash pump that moves 200 gpm at 0 head to periodically drain my fish ponds for harvest. They can move a lot of water fast.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2021, 12:49 PM »
That’s what they have at the course. They’re used sometimes to pump off fairways under usual conditions, like an irrigation break. Nothing like this though.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2021, 06:54 PM »
Finally a bit of rain here, bit of relief from the oppressive heat.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Jul 19, 2021, 07:06 PM »
Hope it stays there for a while.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #22 on: Jul 19, 2021, 08:01 PM »
Sadly, just a chance of rain tomorrow, so maybe a bit more relief, but then back into the oven again. Rain today went north of my house, so still really dry here.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #23 on: Jul 21, 2021, 09:24 PM »
Dam, love to see some rain, but mostly dry thunderstorms, 2 new fires this afternoon.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Jul 22, 2021, 05:53 AM »
It’s bad out your way. Hope you stay safe and free from damage.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #25 on: Jul 22, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Yes it is, we'll be ok, lots of farm fields around us, just hate seeing the country burn up.

old man river

« Reply #26 on: Jul 22, 2021, 01:47 PM »

this was from  the  NYS CORPORATION  WEBSITE

Home » News, Events & Maps » Canal Notices and Alerts
Notice to Mariners
Erie Canal – Clyde to Newark

July 22, 2021

Mariners are advised that Erie Canal Locks E-26 (Clyde) to Lock E-28B (Newark) that were announced as closed in a previous Notice to Mariners will reopen to navigation on Friday, July 23rd at 7:00 am.
Mariners are also reminded that the following sections of the Canal system remain closed due to the recent heavy rainfall which has caused high flows and hazardous conditions:
ralph

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #27 on: Jul 22, 2021, 03:00 PM »

this was from  the  NYS CORPORATION  WEBSITE

Home » News, Events & Maps » Canal Notices and Alerts
Notice to Mariners
Erie Canal – Clyde to Newark

July 22, 2021

Mariners are advised that Erie Canal Locks E-26 (Clyde) to Lock E-28B (Newark) that were announced as closed in a previous Notice to Mariners will reopen to navigation on Friday, July 23rd at 7:00 am.
Mariners are also reminded that the following sections of the Canal system remain closed due to the recent heavy rainfall which has caused high flows and hazardous conditions:

Dam, I'd love to see high water our ramps are out of the water now, hopefully we can launch from the shore, be last boat trip for the year tomorrow.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Jul 22, 2021, 05:32 PM »
Yes it is, we'll be ok, lots of farm fields around us, just hate seeing the country burn up.

Good for that anyway. Best of luck.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #29 on: Jul 22, 2021, 06:51 PM »
Good for that anyway. Best of luck.

Yep we'll need the luck dry thunderstorms every day, starting one or two new fires, thankfully they get on them right away, but one day one will blow up and we'll lose some more hunting grounds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.