FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What is on Navonics Maps  (Read 1747 times)

Fishin-Mission

What is on Navonics Maps
« on: Jul 18, 2021, 09:01 AM »
I purchased a 2014 Lund Boat with a Raymarine Dragon Fly 5 Pro fish finder.  It has Navionics loaded on it, so I am wondering what maps come with the Navionics.  I know it has Oneida Lake on it cause I use that all of the time.  I plan to fish the StLawarance around Wellesley Island.  Does anyone know if that area is included with my Navionics?  I found a Raymarine Navionics Bundle SD card in the box the Dragon Fly came in.  I assume that is loaded onto my Dragon Fly. 

Any info on how to discover which bodies of water come with the Navionics app would be appreciated.

Mac Attack

Re: What is on Navonics Maps
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Depends on what Navionics mapping PKG it is.
Look on the card and then go to their website.
This will tell you what you need to know.
Another way is to fire up the chart and zoom out on the map and actually see what it covers.
Lastly, these mapping pkgs are able to be updated if you pay for the subscription.
I do this every 2nd or 3rd year to get the latest info.
Again, go to their website.
You can get your answers there.
Good luck.

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2021, 10:54 AM »
You confirmed one of my thoughts which was to fire up my GPS, switch to the chart screen and zoom out to see what it shows.

Can I access the card by putting it in my computers card reader?

Thanks for your comments MacAttack.  How is your lithium battery performing?  Are you satisfied with its performance?

piscesman

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2021, 11:18 AM »
Not to highjack but what are you targeting there?? Many choices but beware of rocks and shoals. Last year was tough to get a big bite. Water levels as I was told this year are low. After all this rain maybe the river came up??
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Mac Attack

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2021, 12:36 PM »
You confirmed one of my thoughts which was to fire up my GPS, switch to the chart screen and zoom out to see what it shows.

Can I access the card by putting it in my computers card reader?

Thanks for your comments MacAttack.  How is your lithium battery performing?  Are you satisfied with its performance?

You will need map reading software to read the card on your computer.
Navionics software, or maybe some kind of GPS software that will read the card.

As for the battery, it was lost by FedEx.
The company then built me a replacement and it shipped on 6/16
I’m waiting for the replacement to arrive, or FedEx to lose this one.

buffaloice

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2021, 06:03 AM »
Be aware that Wellesley is on the cusp of Canadian waters, in some places 10 ft off of land . I have the inland Great Lakes chip in my Bird, Canadian waters were greyed out, which wasnt a big issue,since us Mericans still arent allowed to fish Canadian water. Watch the line carefully.

Mac Attack

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Be aware that Wellesley is on the cusp of Canadian waters, in some places 10 ft off of land . I have the inland Great Lakes chip in my Bird, Canadian waters were greyed out, which wasnt a big issue,since us Mericans still arent allowed to fish Canadian water. Watch the line carefully.

Excellent point.
I specifically have Navionics+ (Large, not Regional) in order to get Canadian lakes.

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2021, 09:16 AM »
I tried zooming out on my Dragon Fly 5 while in chart view and it looks like I have the Wellesley Island area maps.  I move to the Wellesley Island area, zoomed in and could see depth lines for the river around Wellesley. It also appeared that I have Canadian lakes also because they showed up. Canada was not greyed out on my maps.

I see on google maps that the Canadian boarder includes part of Wellesley Island and am keenly aware that fishing in Canadian waters can get me in trouble very quickly.  Do not want to take a chance on have my boat impounded. We have plenty of good fishing in US waters.

With regard to low water, I hear Lake Ontario and the rivet are down about 2 feet.  I have fished the Cape Vincent area and know there are rocky shoals throughout the St Lawrence.  I like my lower unit and prop the way they are now, no need to firetruck them up.  I plan to take it slow until I know the area better.

All, thank you for your input.

buffaloice

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2021, 06:16 AM »
FM- I was up there 2 weeks ago. Water was down 2 ft. Went down to Eel Bay where ive had luck before and found it super shallow. Dont know if theyve gotten the same monsoons weve been getting down here. Fishing was decent, in front of the cabins and bays. Got a couple nice pike and bass Good luck!

joefish1

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Well the river water level is up a few inches after the rain, but still low.  I use the Navionics 648 P + card that covers the US and Canada side of the river as well as inland lakes in Canada and US.  It gives the water depth along with the contours and works real well.  I live on Wellesley Island.

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2021, 07:50 AM »
You will need map reading software to read the card on your computer.
Navionics software, or maybe some kind of GPS software that will read the card.

As for the battery, it was lost by FedEx.
The company then built me a replacement and it shipped on 6/16
I’m waiting for the replacement to arrive, or FedEx to lose this one.

I'm happy to take your money repeatedly to ship you nothing?  Where do I sign up for this free Mac money?

Joking aside I hope it shows.

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #11 on: Aug 02, 2021, 08:41 AM »
I found my Navionics included the StLawarance and the maps were helpful for finding my way around.  I was not sure how to get from Dewolf Point Sate park on Lake of the Isles to the 1000 Islands Country Club where I was docking my boat.  The maps made it easy to find my docking and areas to fish. To bad it cound not put me on fish.  There are limits on what the electronics will do for you.

Sure hope Fedex come through with delivering MacAttack's Lithium Ion Battery.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.