FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Whites in the rain  (Read 2126 times)

Dirt23

Whites in the rain
« on: Jul 19, 2021, 05:47 AM »
So every year when water gets 70 plus like to get a couple meals of whites.   The reasons for this being cause it's when I know I can consistently find numbers.  Rig is #6 spinner hook 3 large split shot and a dilly worm with tail trailing. On my way to pond noticed all Brooks were raging chocolate milk and got me think of all the food being washed in.
Get boat in baited up and start working inlets within 10 minutes had 2 10 inchers in the boat, game on fish new there was food there too.  I proceeded to troll 3 more hours boating 22 more, smallest being 6 largest 13.  I probably would have kept fishing but only had 3 15 packs of dilly worm and was out, best trolling for whites I've experienced!  Kept 14 of the better ones filleted them out for some perch tacos and some poor man's lobster.  Figured fish are wet so screw the rain and go for it got 1 3\4 inches of rainfall between Saturday night and yesterday afternoon

zwiggles

Re: Whites in the rain
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2021, 08:00 AM »
Nice report! Any idea how fast you were trolling?

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2021, 10:09 AM »
Made the best out of some bad weather, well done.

swnoel

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2021, 10:31 AM »
Good eats for sure! Well done.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2021, 11:18 AM »
So every year when water gets 70 plus like to get a couple meals of whites.   The reasons for this being cause it's when I know I can consistently find numbers.  Rig is #6 spinner hook 3 large split shot and a dilly worm with tail trailing. On my way to pond noticed all Brooks were raging chocolate milk and got me think of all the food being washed in.
Get boat in baited up and start working inlets within 10 minutes had 2 10 inchers in the boat, game on fish new there was food there too.  I proceeded to troll 3 more hours boating 22 more, smallest being 6 largest 13.  I probably would have kept fishing but only had 3 15 packs of dilly worm and was out, best trolling for whites I've experienced!  Kept 14 of the better ones filleted them out for some perch tacos and some poor man's lobster.  Figured fish are wet so screw the rain and go for it got 1 3\4 inches of rainfall between Saturday night and yesterday afternoon

;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Dirt23

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20, 2021, 05:40 AM »
Not actually sure how fast but 3 setting on a 42 lb thrust trolling motor and I was messing around a little pulling spinner forward and dropping it back slow with rod. This was much more effective than rod in rod holder.  They would hit at end of let back. Sorry taxi no pics it was dumping buckets of rain left ET in the truck

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Jul 20, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Nice work and a great way to make something positive happen.
Wicked Wec

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2021, 10:35 AM »
Not actually sure how fast but 3 setting on a 42 lb thrust trolling motor and I was messing around a little pulling spinner forward and dropping it back slow with rod. This was much more effective than rod in rod holder.  They would hit at end of let back. Sorry taxi no pics it was dumping buckets of rain left ET in the truck

No worries. Just ribbing you. I get a kick out of using that picture.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2021, 08:59 PM »
No worries. Just ribbing you. I get a kick out of using that picture.

Here's a pic for you, taxid.

It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Here's a pic for you, taxid.

Very nice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.