FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last Cabin Trip of the Season  (Read 1275 times)

Hexagenia51

Last Cabin Trip of the Season
« on: Oct 02, 2021, 03:09 PM »
Wife and I got back Friday after spending the week in Michigan at the cabin. Trout season ends September 30th and we needed to winterize and close the place for the winter, so decided to get in some more trout fishing. I fished three days and the fishing was great, I caught probably 15 trout each outing and lost or raised and missed that many more each day. The fish were feeding on caddis and were pretty aggressive in rising to the flys. I only kept four fish to eat, I don’t like to kill many especially since they’ll about to spawn. Here’s some pictures of the fish in their spawning colors and a shot of the stream. Enjoy Hex!

zwiggles

Re: Last Cabin Trip of the Season
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2021, 03:16 PM »
Very nice! That stream shot really looks like some neat water to fish. Are they mostly spring fed?

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2021, 04:50 AM »
Very nice Hex. Any brookies in there?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

iceman260

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2021, 04:55 AM »
Nice looking trout Hex.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2021, 08:50 AM »
Great job Hex! Beautiful looking water.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2021, 07:19 PM »
Thanks guys! The stream is spring fed and stays very cold all summer, and there are brookies in the headwaters of the stream. But having fished this section for over twenty years I’ve only saw one caught by my late brother, and it was about eight inches long, and was quickly released. Hex

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2021, 08:53 AM »
Thanks guys! The stream is spring fed and stays very cold all summer, and there are brookies in the headwaters of the stream. But having fished this section for over twenty years I’ve only saw one caught by my late brother, and it was about eight inches long, and was quickly released. Hex

Interestng. Still can't believe your brother has passed on.  :(
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hexagenia51

« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2021, 02:04 PM »
Interestng. Still can't believe your brother has passed on.  :(
Taxid it’s been almost six months and I’m still trying to deal with it myself. Probably never will completely heal from his loss. He was a great outdoorsman and my best friend. Hex

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2021, 04:59 PM »
Taxid it’s been almost six months and I’m still trying to deal with it myself. Probably never will completely heal from his loss. He was a great outdoorsman and my best friend. Hex

I sure enjoyed his company! :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.