FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slough  (Read 1174 times)

abishop

Slough
« on: Oct 07, 2021, 10:33 AM »
The lake is open for fishing till the 12th. Then it closes for hunting season. I am planning a trip there Saturday. Anyone been there lately?

fishinator

Re: Slough
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2021, 03:04 PM »
Nope but I will be tomorrow.  Going to be my last open water trip there for a long time. Will let you know how I do.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2021, 04:20 PM »
Anyone know if they are still selling bait at Rosies?

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2021, 09:27 PM »
Good time fishing today. plenty of fish. All the channels were clean and easily fished. Still plenty of weeds in other areas to pitch frogs. Saw a couple eagles , and noticed a bait sign at Rosies. Didnt check cause I had brought some with, cause didnt want to take a chance of not having bait. Must of been something with kayaks today. Had to of been at least 30 out. Go get them, only 2 days left.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2021, 06:59 AM »
Good you got out ! You said lots of fish. How was the size?
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

wallin

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2021, 09:21 AM »
Glad you had a good day on the water.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2021, 09:29 AM »
Good you got out ! You said lots of fish. How was the size?
Teach
Kept about 20 8+, a couple over 10. Kept some smaller ones cause they are going to drain the lake next spring. That means the birds and predators will have their bibs on. If a guy had a small flat boat and wanted to muck it, he could fill truck loads up. I remember when I was little and they drained lake Dale and Cedar there were people filling back of their trucks. What a sight to see.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2021, 09:33 AM »
Going to be a windy one there today. Still hoping to get a favorable perch report. I dont think they are finished yet. Can remember getting them till November. If it doesn't happen soon, I will give up hope. Still keeping my fingers crossed for one more perch fry.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.