FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: $2.59 A Gallon  (Read 3386 times)

Fisher50

$2.59 A Gallon
« on: Aug 11, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Holy Crap!!  Picked a poor time for the low fuel light to come on.  $57 later, I'm ready to go North for the weekend.  It takes me most of a tank, if I stay at or below 70 mph, to get to the cottage and back.  Really makes you think about it, at $57 for the weekend.  And that doesn't buy boat gas.
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: $2.59 A Gallon
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2005, 05:47 PM »
2.65 in Ft. Wayne Indiana today                                       Ron
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2005, 06:01 PM »
jeez and i thot we had it bad, i believe ours is around 2.30-240?? ;D
-cole

Chucker

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2005, 04:20 PM »
It went from $2.34 to $2.59 in less than 10 days here in wNY.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Well come on across the border...we are currenly paying .97 cents a litre or $3.66 a Gallon....

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Its up to 2.80 a gal here in Houghton Lake tonight

Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

Fisher50

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Home today -- Tuesday.  Cruised in to Lansing with the low fuel light about to come on.  $2.74.  Paid $3.19 at the marina near NewLaker.   Filled up the pontoon Saturday.  You know, I can't complain about that.  I store the boats empty, and this was only the third time I've filled the Pontoon this Summer.  We get a lot of enjoyment out of the gas we buy.  I sure am struggling with the truck gas, though.

Dach, I haven't been fishing since we were out last.  Just keep finding other things to do.  Are we up for some Fall fishing?  I'm in danger of selling my fishing boat if I don't start using it more. 
"But she's in good shape for the shape she's in...cause she's been through the fire before, and I believe she can take a whole lot more...So we raise her up every morning, we take her down every night, we don't let her touch the ground, and we fold her up right...on second thought, I do like to brag, cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag." -Johnny Cash

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Rick:

Hopefully when the weather cools some the fish might start biting a little better.  Especially when the lake hits turnover, maybe we can get some then.

Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

Fisher50

« Reply #8 on: Aug 18, 2005, 08:12 PM »
Hey Steve, were you out tubing last Saturday?  Made a run to the marina to buy gas and think we saw you.  Yellow tube?  After we bought the fuel, we didn't see you. 

Back on the price of gas.  Lansing State Journal yesterday said that in 1981 gas was $1.48 a gallon.  Adjusted for inflation that is equivalent to $3.11 today.  Guess we should quit complaining, right? 

Fisher50

« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2005, 07:37 PM »
I fish hard for most of May and June.  Once mid July gets here, I spend more time in the water than on it.  We really enjoy the days spent on the water with the pontoon.  Don't really have time to fish, when all the relaxing, reading, eating, and drinking get started.  Seems like we have a lot of company once the lake warms up.  No complaints, we enjoy having family and friends up.  It's why we bought the place. 

Jeff is a pretty good egg.  I knew he had a full time job, as Tonya has been running the store lately.  We see Jeff on the weekends.  We rent a spot on their dock for the pontoon. 

After Labor Day, it might pick up some.  I've not fished much in the Fall, as our home in Holt has many, many trees in the yard.  They drop many, many, MANY, leaves every Fall.  I have the pleasure of picking them up.  With it getting dark earlier, I do most of it on the weekends. 

We are home this weekend, as an Aunt and Uncle are celebrating their fiftieth wedding anniversary.  The last weekend in August my company has an outing at Shanty Creek.  See ya around Labor Day, I hope

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Aug 25, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Hey Steve Yes it refers to water temp and i think the thermocline and temperature inversion. As the weather cools the water at the surface and the bottom switch places and therfore effect the fishing usually for the better, I hope. LOL

Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2005, 07:07 PM »
I'll have to look that up Steve, maybe when I get done with this 6 days straight of 12 14 hr days Sat or Sunday Ok?? LOL

Tired and going to bed.
Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

dachmation

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Aug 28, 2005, 03:44 PM »
Hey Steve heres part of the answer, I ent to IS and into the archives and did a search for "turnover". Lots of interesting stuff.  You have to kind kind of sort out the "wheat from the chaff", as we do have some really knowledgable members out there. Good Luck, I m gonna go search MFF now.
Mike
""TIGHT LINES"

Fisher50

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2005, 07:06 PM »
$2.59 a gallon?  I wish.

Monday - $2.67
Tuesday - $2.99
Wednesday - $3.19
Thursday - $3.39

lawnguy

« Reply #14 on: Sep 05, 2005, 05:25 AM »

not too far from the truth!
I love the fishes cause there soooooo delicious, gotta have my fishes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.