FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Another discharge into Indiana Lake Michigan waters  (Read 2449 times)

PEARCHEYES

Re: Another discharge into Indiana Lake Michigan waters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2019, 03:55 PM »
One that got caught ,but probably scores of others that never get caught .Just sickening

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2019, 07:44 AM »
So sad! It's all about the all mighty dollar!! God only knows what has been dumped into our waterways over the years. Amazing how  the Big Lake is able to cleanse itself but the volume over the years has to be astronomical!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2019, 08:53 AM »
So sad! It's all about the all mighty dollar!! God only knows what has been dumped into our waterways over the years. Amazing how  the Big Lake is able to cleanse itself but the volume over the years has to be astronomical!
Teach

Actually Teacher I respectfully disagree about cleaning itself. There are some chemicals and compounds that although not visible will never break down.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2019, 07:08 AM »
I agree Taxid. I'm just saying it has a great ability to clean up an unbelievable amount of stuff naturally but what man has dumped into it is way beyond believable!

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2019, 06:49 PM »
I agree Taxid. I'm just saying it has a great ability to clean up an unbelievable amount of stuff naturally but what man has dumped into it is way beyond believable!

Absolutely.

Found out a while back that I lived on what ended up an EPA superfund clean up site at the former Ft Devens, Massachusetts. Lived there from 1968 to 1971.  One chemical was in the ground sprayed around the building foundations, and the other was in our drinking water that was used in fire training on aircraft.  No cancer yet but who knows. Didn't have kids so no idea if they would have had birth defects.

The housing we lived in was bulldozed down and the soil removed and replaced with other soil. The drinking water there is now filtered of the chemical compound in it indefinitely.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Such scary stuff! God only knows what will come to light as the years roll by. I won't be here to see it but what man has done to this great earth sickens the heart!
Teach

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Yes indeed ,brings to light those old commercials with the Indian weeping at at I think was dumping of garbage or something of that nature.Future generations will need to be viligent even more that us to make big company’s liable for damages to our environment and hopefully some or most damage can be reversed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.