FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: blue fish  (Read 5321 times)

deerslayer92163

blue fish
« on: Apr 13, 2004, 10:38 PM »
can any one tell me when the blues run up the housitonic i grew up in milford and used to fish behind the bic plant i thought it was in the fall and would like to introduce my 8 yr old into this cant remember its been 27 years since ive been back and would like to make a trip there for the run

pmlvs2fish

Re: blue fish
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 09:53 AM »
I grew up in Milford as well! 

If you head over to the turnpike bridge where the boat ramp is - you can catch most everything from perch to bass to blues off the old power plant there all winter.  Best time is when the plant is running since it expells warm water on the bridge side and the fish just hang there/winter over in the warm water.

Otherwise snapper blues will start running up river in the spring. 

deerslayer92163

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 11:11 AM »
thanks for the reply ive waited almost a month  for a response i live in western ny now and would like to make a trip when there running hot and heavy

pmlvs2fish

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 10:18 AM »
just joined myself.   I'm in milford every other weekend but have family who fish there all the time. will keep you posted on when the snappers start running and when the blues are in the river chasing bunker.

deerslayer92163

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 01:06 AM »
sounds good thanks thats how i remember fishing them casting plugs when there chasing bunker w/a seperate line w/bunker cut bait and when the blues were slow you could always catch a few 4 foot eels

pmlvs2fish

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 09:21 AM »
I've caught a few of those eels myself  ;) They are always a challenge to get off the hook, but they make great bait for big bass!  Used live eel in about 50 ft of water, drift fishing at the Race to catch some beauties.

Will give you a yell when the blues are up the river.  When they are running you can usually pick up a few on chunks of bunker over at Caswell Cove, especially at night.   

deerslayer92163

« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2004, 04:21 PM »
any action yet

PunjabDemon

« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2006, 02:11 PM »
They're here!

hunters08

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Where are you guys catching the blue fish?
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2008, 07:09 PM »
i used to fish on fire island in derby on the housy wich was great because while i through out a chunk of shad or mackeral, i would fish with my ultra lite and catch smallies and largies among the many panfish too
hard core fanatic!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.