FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Steelhead or Lake Ontario Brown Trout U PICK  (Read 2280 times)

bigfish36

Steelhead or Lake Ontario Brown Trout U PICK
« on: Apr 27, 2009, 05:34 AM »
  The fishing on the salmon river is real good right now, If you are thinking of catching a few steelhead now is the time, Still plenty in the river. Egg sacs, pink worms, beads,night crawlers, spinners,  they are pretty hunger.
  The lake fishing has been awesome for Brown Trout, Trolling Mexico Bay area near shore in the colored water has been real good. Smithwicks, and Dreamweaver super slims are working the best.

Walleye season opens this saturday  Pm me if you are looking for a trip

jeremyfish

Re: Steelhead or Lake Ontario Brown Trout U PICK
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2009, 05:42 PM »
I'm trying to find out information on the salmon river, because ill be going up soon, i was curious if you could tell me where i should fish, or would u suggest a guide for my first time up? I'm tired of the small trout we have in our state, and I've heard so many stories from my friends about that river that I'm anxious to fish it. Several friends have told me to get corkers for my wadders, which i found down hear in Conn., and i can borrow a noodle rod from a friend. Any pointers/ suggestions you can give me for my fist trip would be appreciated

Natty

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2009, 06:27 PM »
#1   Jeremy are you going with friends that have been there

#2   Personally frist trip no guide .........Pay attenion to other people and what there doing.  Save your money.

#3  Noodle rod and waders a must/ corkers since you have them.

bigfish36

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2009, 01:10 PM »
  if you want too cut the learning curve in half  hire a guide. hands down the way to go. pm me and i can hook you up with the guy i went with , a ton of info in six hours. i would stay in the upper river try ellis cove or the head of the wire hole both have alot of fish right now i was in both spots yeasterday and floats with egg sacs or beads are working reel good. ten foot rod light action 4-10 pound line rating spool a smaller to medium reel with high viz green ten pound about 100 yards   leader down to 4-6 pound leader and fish. its getting buggie so bring the deet. the lower end of the river should be reel good right now the middle was a little slow today.
 you will pay about 300 for a guide but split that in half if there are two of you plan on a 50 dollar tip if the guy works hard and he will i am sure. and enjoy the education best way to learn the river.

tight lines   good luck

water 750 till friday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.