FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring 2017 stocking update  (Read 4026 times)

Fishoninct

Spring 2017 stocking update
« on: Apr 07, 2017, 07:09 PM »
I just love how our wonderful state neglected to provide an updated stocking report prior to the start of the season.  Especially useful since they are stocking 90,000 less fish this year and many waters will not get stocked all year long.  Maybe they would have if they started the trout stamp. 

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
Re: Spring 2017 stocking update
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2017, 10:57 AM »
Ct is getting worse every year >:(
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Forgive me for being out of state but what little research I did seemed to say your fisheries division and hatcheries are self funded via anglers licenses etc.

If that's the case why in the hell are they slashing that?

If that truly is the case a major lawsuit should be in the offing. I'd get all anglers together and be looking for blood.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Our licensing fees are sucked into the general fund where they can be spent on anything the state chooses. So they technically are not self funded.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Our licensing fees are sucked into the general fund where they can be spent on anything the state chooses. So they technically are not self funded.

That's a shame.

If they were independent would they be enough to fund everything on their own?

Reminds me of social security. Some politicians tell us it's funding is in trouble (not true) but keep borrowing from it for the general fund.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.