FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fished Winnisquam  (Read 1138 times)

CSpike

Fished Winnisquam
« on: Jul 05, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Hit Winnisquam this morning. Nice day, too nice. Fish swirling on the surface eating an ungodly hatch. Couldn't buy a bite. Fish marked 15-40 down and bait everywhere but no takers. Managed one White perch on the lead down four colors and yanked one decent laker up. That was it. That is the first time fishing that lake in my own boat. There isn't a piece of structure in the lake, well maybe a couple but not like WinniP. You could drag bottom all over that place and never hang up.
I know there are some good fish in there and I'll go back, but it won't be anytime soon.

The new ramp was sweet. Looked narrow but not too bad. Docking was very nice and it even had outhouses! Something that is missing on many public launch's throughout the state.

Spike

knurren

• What of it?!
Re: Fished Winnisquam
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2008, 09:11 PM »
You're not the only one that had a tough day.  I tried something new... trolling.  As fun as it is, if you aren't dialed in on the fish it can be a long day.  But I guess that's like anything else. :-\

I think I may try smallies tomorrow for the first time this year.
Live free or die trying.

knight rider

« Reply #2 on: Jul 06, 2008, 10:54 AM »
At least you didn't have to pay. I heard it was $25(10 to launch and 15 to park).

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2008, 09:28 PM »

I think I may try smallies tomorrow for the first time this year.

So how'd ya do, Where'd ya go? ;)

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2008, 06:29 AM »
I got some stuff done around the house and tried Massy for a couple hours before spending the rest of the night in the emergency room.  Long story, I'm fine.  I got home at midnight.  I would have felt better if I caught something but I didn't.  So, from small fish to no fish.
Live free or die trying.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.