FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mid week in P'Burg  (Read 8497 times)

Duck Doctor

• Throbbin' rods and smokin' drags!
Mid week in P'Burg
« on: Jul 10, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Just got back from camp this morning!  Man did it ever rain!  I thought Knurren and Jiffyman had it rough the w/e they were camping, but man oh man, did it ever rain!  Flash flooding and roads washing out on Tuesday afternoon and then yesterday, I could not get on the water until 7pm!  Laine and I fished Francis last night and could not get a bite, I yanked them, trolled for them, you name it! I even found a big school of lakers on the bottom and we broke out the Pimples and jigged through the school a few times......NOTHING!

I did manage to finish half the roof though. What a PIA it was to do this by myself!

Looking from Rt 3/Varney Rd.

Just starting:

.....After 5 hours on the roof:

Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Re: Mid week in P'Burg
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2008, 12:25 PM »
doesn't look like fun alone. but it beats having a shingle roof!

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Duck Doctor

« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2008, 12:33 PM »
doesn't look like fun alone. but it beats having a shingle roof!

It does rain inside anymore!
Personal Best NH fish: Rainbow Trout  5lbs 8oz  Brown Trout 6lbs 3oz Lake Trout 10lbs 6oz

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2008, 02:23 PM »
I guess the Androscogging will NEVER be low enough to fish this year. 
Live free or die trying.

Duck Doctor

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I guess the Androscogging will NEVER be low enough to fish this year. 

actually it is not that bad right now. I drove along it this morning. The stretch in Gorham is almost empty.

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 10, 2008, 03:34 PM »
actually it is not that bad right now. I drove along it this morning. The stretch in Gorham is almost empty.

It is all going to depend on the dams and what they open this weekend.  Keith is itching to get up there again, as am I.  But if they open the dams, that river might be raging.  There's a spot in Gorham I've been told about that I'm eager to fish.  Last time I checked it out, the water was almost up to the parking lot.

Those Alders aren't going to be around all season  :-\  I hope that at least by the 25 or 26th of this month, it's down to fishable levels.
Live free or die trying.

Duck Doctor

« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2008, 03:37 PM »
I will be out in NY during that time. We are leaving the 23rd but I will let you know what it is like before I leave.

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Hey Ben.

Hoping to get back up there this Sunday or next? ::) ;) ;) ;)
My buddy got a nice 21" 3.25 lb brookie in one of my spots not too long ago the same place I  got this guy

and these

Sorry guys :-X :-X :-X

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Here it is...I manage to convert the pic from my E-Mail to my photo-bucket....

My buddy Matt. Aka Wetlines and Cocktails (Ice Shanty) Caught this guy in my spot on the weekend I was supposed to go up there with him.

( I couldn't make it because my Mother-In-Law had surgery that weekend)

I'm jealous, but he did a good job... he said it was 21" and 3.25lbs a Trophy NH brookie! :o

knurren

• What of it?!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2008, 08:56 PM »
That's definitely a brookie and definitely a nice fish.  We might have to head up there after all.
Live free or die trying.

longbeardking

« Reply #10 on: Jul 13, 2008, 07:21 PM »
Just got back from camp this morning!  Man did it ever rain!  I thought Knurren and Jiffyman had it rough the w/e they were camping, but man oh man, did it ever rain!  Flash flooding and roads washing out on Tuesday afternoon and then yesterday, I could not get on the water until 7pm!  Laine and I fished Francis last night and could not get a bite, I yanked them, trolled for them, you name it! I even found a big school of lakers on the bottom and we broke out the Pimples and jigged through the school a few times......NOTHING!

I did manage to finish half the roof though. What a PIA it was to do this by myself!

Looking from Rt 3/Varney Rd.

:

.....After 5 hours on the roof:

Ben,

NICE job on the roof. Very, very, nice job.  I honestly can't believe you got that done by yourself.  That is a HUGE improvement. Thank you for doing it.

Duck Doctor

« Reply #11 on: Jul 14, 2008, 08:07 AM »

Ben,

NICE job on the roof. Very, very, nice job.  I honestly can't believe you got that done by yourself.  That is a HUGE improvement. Thank you for doing it.

No, Thank YOU for my camp!

longbeardking

« Reply #12 on: Jul 14, 2008, 08:41 AM »

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jul 14, 2008, 08:56 AM »
knurren, better break out the popcorn! ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Duck Doctor

« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2008, 10:01 AM »

:cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Who now owns the water pump, the phone bill, and the power bill?  Maybe I will take the fuses home with me so you don't run up my power  and phone bills!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.